Chapter 5

After we ate some food (very delicious food I might add) Carl introduced me to some more people.

He said there was a town called Woodbury, there were people from there? Who knew they had even cleared out a whole nother cell block for them. Crazy.

He said some of them were sick and some were okay, but we could never be too sure.

"And this is my little sister Judith." His eyes brighten when he mentions her, and it's not until I see her when I figure out why.

She is the cutest little girl ever, I'm not just saying that either. I usually don't like kids but she's adorable!

"Awww oh my god how old is she?!" I ask him as he holds her in his arms and she giggles at my weird faces.

"About 9 months old?" He smirks at me and I laugh.

I give him a look that asks 'can I hold her?' And when he sees it, he smiles and nods.

As I hold her in my arms, she just looks at me. She doesn't smile, she doesn't cry, she doesn't squirm, she just looks at me.

I'm so mesmerized at how beautiful she is. Her soft light brown hair, and her light blue eyes are gorgeous, way better than my dark green eyes and I can't help but stare back at her, completely silent.

"Hi." I whisper sweetly to her.

She smiles, and then lays her head down on my chest, almost like she was going to sleep.

It takes me by surprise, especially since I've never really been good with kids but with Judith, it seems easy.

"She likes you." Carl smiles while rubbing her back as she still has her head against my chest.

"Is she a dog?" I joke.

"No. But usually the only other person she'll do that with is Beth, me or my dad. And now I guess you."

His words make me smile.

"Well, I like her too." I smile down at her as I rock from side to side.

"She's the only baby that has never screamed or squirmed when I held them" I chuckle at how awful that makes me sound. It's silent for a second before I speak up.

"Your mom must be beautiful." I say, considering how good looking Carl is, and how beautiful Judith is.

"She was." He nods and then looks down at his hands.

"I'm sorry I didn't know-"

"It's okay. Really. She died giving birth to Judy." He shrugs and I swear I see tears forming in his eyes.

"Carl please don't... Don't" I sit down next to him on the bunk, take one hand from Judy's back, and place it on his shoulder, In a comforting gesture, or atleast I meant it that way.

"If you cry then I'll cry and I'd rather not do that with a baby in my arms." I say and he chuckles.

"I'm sorry."

I shake my head. "Don't be." Should I continue?

"My parents are gone. My sister too." I say simply.

"Gone?" He asks, obviously confused. I probably should've explained a little.

"We got split up. I don't know where they are... What they are...my dad is dead though." I trail off.

"Oh."

"The bad dream I had? It was about my sister, she was being ripped apart by the fleshi- walkers. I don't know if that's what's really happened to her... But yeah." I say and shrug.

"I'm sorry." He says again.

"Stop apologizing. You didn't do anything wrong" I smile at him.

"I'm sor-" he stops mid sentence, and smiles, replying with: "okay."

And I smile at him again. I hand Judith back to him, and she fusses a bit when we lose contact, but quickly re-adjusts to Carl's hold.

"You're great with her." I smile and brush the hair on her head with my fingers.

"But I think I'm goin to go back to sleep, I'm still exhausted." I chuckle and he nods.

"Goodnight... Rylen." He jokes with me and I roll my eyes.

"Goodnight Carl."