Chapter 19

-Rylie's POV-

I ran out the door, expecting the worst to have happened, but what I see is walker blood all over Carl, and a dead walker next to him with a machete in its face.

"Rick..." I almost laugh.

"This is what you might not like." I say and try to give him the best smile, but I can feel how fake it is and everyone knows it too.

"Can I talk to you? Inside?" He says through gritted teeth. I nod.

"Hal...or Alissa, don't do anything stupid. They won't hesitate." I warn them.

"What the hell is that suppos-" Alissa starts but Hallie elbows her in the gut, and I try my best to hold back my laughter.

Rick clears his throat and holds the door open for me.

I close the door behind me and carefully watch Rick as he pinches his nose in frustration. Should I talk first or should I-

"Can you please explain to me what the hell is going on?" He says slowly, I can tell he's trying not to lash out.

"Uhm... That's my sister.... And her group." I say and purse my lips, waiting for his response. He takes a deep breath and pinches his eyes closed again.

"And what exactly are you wanting to do with them?" He says, voice less tense than it was moments ago.

"I... I don't know." I let go of a breath I didn't know I was holding.

"Well what am I supposed to do Rylie? Am I supposed to let them come with us? That's just another 4 people that I have to watch out for! I don't know them, I don't know what they're capable of. Or were you planning to go with them? And leave us or-"

"Wait what?"

"Are you wanting to leave with them? She is your sister, I wouldn't be surprised if-"

"Rick no! No I don't want to leave you, or Michonne... Or Carl. Yes she's my sister and I don't know what I expect to happen! I knew how you'd react to new people but I just-"

"Why did you bring them here?" He says pointing towards the door.

"What was I supposed to do Rick?! I had just ran into MY SISTER who I thought was dead. Was I supposed to just say 'oh hi Hallie nice seeing you, well I better get on my way and leave you again because the people I'm with don't like new people' and leave her there?!" I ask, raising my voice, and the lump in my throat forming.

I expect him to say something but he doesn't, we both just sit there n silence.

"Rick I don't want to leave you but I don't want to leave my sister either, and I can't expect her to send those girls away. That is her group too, I can't expect her to leave them." I stutter, letting only one tear fall, and stopping the rest.

I look at him, trying to find emotion on his face.

"I need time to think things over." He says hesitantly.

"We can stay here for another day? Just wait it out, get to know them and their skills and then you can decide? This place seems pretty secluded, not many walkers around, we can handle it." I say hoping to convince him.

"Okay. I trust you."

I take a deep breath and nod toward him, soon walking out the door. Before I get the chance to see any of their faces, I hear them all laughing. I walk out to see Lauren and Carl on the ground laughing, and everyone around them laughing, even Alissa. All of a sudden, seeing Lauren and Carl laughing together, I get a pang of jealousy. I try to hold myself together, and to smile, but for some reason I get the feeling that the look of frustration is still plastered onto my face.