Chapter 18

-Rylie's POV-

I watch the four girls including my sister step out from the shadows.

"Hallie?" I say in disbelief. It takes her a second to respond.

"Ry? Rylen?!" She says, face lighting up with tears starting to form. I drop my bow and run to her and she does the same. We both crash into eachother, hugging and falling to the ground. I sit there in her embrace crying tears of joy.

"I've been searching for you." She cries into my hair.

"I've been here..." I say backing away to look at her face.

"Oh my god what did you do?!" She says grabbing my shoulder length hair.
"I uhh... I cut it." I laugh.

"What the fuck Ry? You've always known how jealous I was of your hair!" She says and punched me playfully on the arm. I laugh and stand up, holding a hand out to help her up.

"So this is who we've been trying to find? You drug us all around Georgia to find your sister?!" One of the girls with my sister says.

"Hey! If it were your sister you'd have us do the same damn thing!" Hallie says stepping really close to the same girl with long dark brown hair, and brown eyes.

"That's the thing Hal! My sister is DEAD." She shouts back. The two girls behind her pull the machete out of her hands and pull her back, and I do the same with Hallie and her bow.

I pull her out of earshot and whisper.
"Is it always like that? You two fighting?" I ask, she's still fuming from their argument.

"Alissa and I butt heads a lot. She's 19, I'm 17. She's older so she thinks that makes her the leader of the pack." Hal says and rolls her eyes.
It's funny because Hallie looks older but I let it go.

"What about the others?" I ask, motioning to the other girls calming Alissa down.

"That's Sage. She's 13, Alissa used to date her brother, but he died a while back, Liss promised to take care of Sage for him." She says pointing to the little blonde girl with her hair back in a ponytail.

"And that's Lauren." She says, pointing her bow at the Asian girl. She doesn't look completely Asian though, she's got light brown hair and a medium skin tone.
"We found her a couple months back with her dead baby brother..." Hallie trails off.
I see her gaze go over to where the girls were.

"Hey!" She whispered. "Biters!" The girls quickly grab their things and head over to where we were.

"Where do we go?" Lauren asks, pick axe in her hands.

Should I bring them back to the cabin?
Shit!
Rick wouldn't like that...
How would Michonne react? She doesn't really like new people... And Carl?
Well, actually his opinion doesn't exactly matter so it's whatever.

"Ry, where are you staying?" Hallie asks, and now all of their eyes are on me.
Shit... I take a gulp and answer.
"In a cabin not too far from here, but I-"

"Great! We'll go there!" Alissa says.

"Lead the way little one." Hal says and I glare at her. I take a deep breath, grab my bow and lead them to the cabin.
Once we get there I stop them.

"Why the hell aren't we going in?" Alissa says, waving her machete towards the door.

"I'm with other people and they don't take too kindly to strangers. I need you guys to stay out here while I talk to them." I say, trying to keep my voice slow and calm so she doesn't go all machete on my ass.

"Hell n-" Alissa starts.

"Okay." Hallie cuts her off, giving her the most intense warning glare.

I sigh and open the door to the cabin, making sure the girls are out of sight from the cabin windows.
I close the door quietly, looking around the front room where Michonne was sleeping in just 10 minutes ago.

"Rick?" I say.

"In here." He says from the room.

I peek my head around the corner into the kitchen to see Carl and Michonne looking at a map on the counter. I smile a little and make my way to the back room.

"Hey okay so I have something to ask." I say hesitantly.

"Shoot." He says, not paying attention to me, but packing things into his bag.

"Rick look at me." I say louder, more demanding. He stops what he's doing and looks up at me.

"You might not like this." I take a deep breath as he gives me a 'spit-it-out' look.

"Well I sorta-" I start to say but I'm cut off by a loud bang coming from outside the cabin.

"What the hell was that?" He says, walking right past me and out to the living room where Carl and Michonne meet him, weapons in hand ready to go out the door.

"Rick wait! I need to tell you-" I try to spit it out but I'm too late, their already out the door.
The only thing I get a glimpse of is Alissa swing her machete at something, and Carl yelling.

(Hey guys!! Thank you so much to everyone who is still reading it!! THE BOOK HAS 1.2K READS!!!! That is amazing and I can't thank you guys enough!! You are all so amazing and thank you for reading this!! Don't forget to comment and vote!)