Girls Just Want to Have Fun

"You're my little secret..." 

April 1993

Texas/New York

Bria

"I hope y'all bags are packed. We leave in the next hour." I was a bitch towards Danni when she left. I admit that I was jealous of my best friends' success. She is living the luxury life in New York while we are still in Texas living from pay check to pay check. It took Danni to leave for me to value our friendship. Without her, I am miserable. I am passing all my classes, I rarely go out and party, and my ass finally got a job. The only person missing is my best friend.

"Does she know that we are coming?" Brooke questions, waltzing into the living room in her matching bra and panty set.

"No," her sister Harlem replied, carrying her suitcase in the living room. "When I talked to her earlier, she said that she was going to be at the studio all night; so, when we get there she should be headed home. It is enough time for us to set up her apartment with decorations."

Tomorrow, April 24th, is Danielle's twenty-second birthday. And guess what? We are going to pop up on her lonely ass and turn the fuck up for her birthday. We speak every now and then. She took us all by surprise when she popped up on us during spring break. That entire week we drove to Louisiana and spent our break getting drunk and partying. Danni shown her ass that week, yet it was good for her to break from her comfort zone for a change.

"Ayeeeee, it's time to show New York how these Texas girls get down." Just like Brooke and her mediocre ways, she began to gyrate on top of the table, trying her hardest to pop her ass like a stripper. Her only reason for going to New York is catching herself a baller with some major loot.

"Aight Brooklyn, don't fuck around and get pregnant on my ass. I ain't tellin' mom or dad." I can count on both hands on how many times Brooke has gotten pregnant and terminating each pregnancy. Brooke is my girl. We cool. But for people to talk bad about her without her knowing, it is starting to look bad on me. I have my whorish ways but I ain't stupid enough to get pregnant by a nigga with a fucking STD. No ma'am, I ain't about that life.

"Girl, shut the fuck up and get a life. I'm 'bout to pop this pussy until I catch myself a baller. It's 'bout time for niggas to pay for this pussy!"

Dumb ass broad.

    "C'mon now B, don't nobody want that infected ass pussy of yours. That shit is deadly; toxic. You gone fuck around and get yourself killed with that funky shit between your thighs."

    She flipped me the bird. "But your nigga was just eating my pussy last night, though. Y'all miserable ass bitches can hate all y'all want, but watch me catch a playa when we get to New York."

    "Is that a bet?" Harlem quizzed, twirling her tongue ring in between her teeth.

    "Fuck yeah!" Brooke bellows. "I bet I can get with that pretty boy from Jodeci."

    "Mr. Dalvin?" Harlem gasps.

    "Him too but nah bitch, Devante."

I smirked. "But isn't Devante with Danni?" From the conversations she tells me about her encounters with Mr. Devante Swing, I would assume that they are a couple.

She sucks her teeth. "And that is a goddamn lie. That nigga ain't feelin' that granny ass bitch. Just wait on it. I just might make that nigga fall in love with me."

    "In your dreams hoe. Now go get dressed so we can leave. I am not about to miss my flight."

Danni