Love is Wicked

"Play with my heart and you die..."

Mr. Dalvin

    "I don't care about all that legal shit, just point me in right direction of getting my son back." Devan means the world to me. I nearly killed myself the day he was taken away from me. When I think back on the shit I took his mother through, I could have done things differently. For starters, I should've sat Harlem down like a man and admitted my feelings towards her. I did feel a type of way with her hooking back up with her ex-girl. All I wanted to do was raise my children in a two-parent household, yet, I couldn't let T-Boz go, nor Bria. I should've drove my son back home that day I took him out of daycare. Maybe then, Harlem would still be here, and I would finally be a happy man.

    "Look Mr. DeGrate," my lawyer took the time out of his busy schedule to have a sit down with me. Because I didn't want to do this shit alone, I dragged Tammi along. Tammi is possibly the only woman that I would allow in my personal business. Whatever I need, Tammi comes through. "This is not something that we can sweep under the rug. We are talking about a child. Mr and Mrs. Washington do not feel as if you are capable of raising Devan―"

    "That was then, and this is now." Tammi interrupts. Tammi knows all about my legal custody battle. The shit ain't fair. Back then, I was fuckin' different women and truth be told, I ain't give a fuck. Now, I'm a plain ol' square. Real talk. I will chill in the studio, probably go bowling or something corny like that, and come home. I ain't fuckin' nobody. I ain't fuckin' with Bria on that level. Hell, I spend every damn day at Tammi's crib. "What can we do in order to prove to the judge that Dalvin is a changed man?"

    "I agree." My lawyer comments. "Dalvin has changed. I am on your side. If it was up to me, I would grant you full custody. You have all the sight sources and materials that you need. The ball is no longer in my hands. What I can do is schedule another hearing, but Dalvin, it is up to you to prove to that judge that you deserve to see your son."

    This is bullshit. I mean, it aint' all bullshit but I was hoping for a different alternative. I am willing to do absolutely anything to prove to every fuckin' body that I deserve to see my son. Wrapping up the meeting, Tammi and I left downtown and headed to the airport for New York. It is my job planning this upcoming tour featuring Jodeci. K-Ci is meeting me in New York, while JoJo is in LA being the 'perfect' family man, and Devante in rehab. I dragged my road dawg along, because for one, she ain't got shit to do, and two, I enjoy her company.

    "Try not to worry yourself Dalvin," she says to me. "Everything will work out fine." I hope so man. My life will be ten times better once I see my son. Back then, I was young and dumb. I hid my son from the world. Now that my son is living with judgmental muthafuckas, I'm not sure what they been tellin' my son. I just pray that he comes around to love and accept me as his father.

    "I sure hope so, T. I promise you this, if you ride with me until I get my son back, I promise I'mma marry yo Britney Spears lookin' ass." I was half ass joking, all while keeping a serious tone. She took one look at me and within seconds, burst out into a hysterical laugh. I chuckled on and off, hiding the fact that I am fuming on the inside.

    "The hell you laughin' at?" I demand, leaning back against my seat, staring briefly out the window.

    "You," she giggles, "Why would I marry you Dalvin? You can't even admit that you have feelings for me, and you are already talking about marrying me. Just face it, you only love my ass because I am your damn manager."

    "Really?" I turned my attention towards her. "You think I only use you?"

    "Yes. You come to my home, eat my food, sleep in my bed, and still expect for me to help you out at the end of the day. When was the last time you were there for me? When was the last time you surprised me with dinner or a hot bath? I understand that we are in the friend zone, but common-sense Dalvin. Either we fuck and get it over with, or keep our relationship strictly business."