Death Before Destruction

Danielle

Dallas, Texas

January 1, 2001

    "3...2...1...HAPPY NEW YEARS!"  Where the Party At by Jagged Edge and Nelly boomed throughout the overly capacitated club. Women were dressed nicely in their all white, dancing wildly while spilling liquor everywhere. The VIP section were spilling with party guests, and individuals who were wishing and hoping to catch a glimpse at Sean and his girlfriend, singer Jennifer Lopez. Although Sean and I have had our lil fling in the past, I still consider him as my brother. He supports me and my dreams, as well as I support him with his decisions in life.

    "Congratulations boss lady." I am proud to say that our grand opening of Harlem's is by far the biggest event of the century. With celebrities lingering in the VIP area, liquor selling like crazy, and not to mention all the children who signed up for morning and evening music sessions. And throughout this past year, the one person who has stuck by my side through it all, would be my business partner and the new manager of Harlem's, Jeffrey.

    "Thank you J. Congratulate yourself though, you've worked harder than me to get this club together. You deserve everything; nothing but the best." Jeffrey's wife, Monica shown her face for the first time since meeting Jeffrey. She is a beautiful chocolate sista with a Janet Jackson booty and the face of Halle Berry. We've clicked instantly. For all I know, she might just be the breath of fresh air that I need. She has already invited me to Costa Rica with her for Spring Break.

    "You should get out of here," he suggests, glancing over the balcony at the sea of party guests. "Go home and celebrate with your family."

    What family? I bit my tongue from saying something out rages. As you can see, I keep my personal life separated from business. The last time I've spoken to Devante was last month at my hotel room in North Carolina. Since then, I have not heard from him. I do speak to Dalvin once or twice a week. Mostly because of Devan. Dalvin and I have come to an agreement that after winter break, Devan will be moving to Atlanta with his father, while I move back to New York. Imagine that, moving back to the city where my career has started. I thought long and hard about my next move. I wanted to move somewhere that I vibed with. LA is filled with a lot of hope and dreams, yet it is not a place where I want to raise my children. I've spoken with Sean and let's just say, I am officially back with Bad Boy Entertainment.

    "Umm...I'm alright, but thank you anyways. I am about to go sit down actually. Try to enjoy yourself Jeffrey." Making sure that my guests were having a great time, I maneuvered through the VIP area where I came face to face with Sean.

    "Yo big ass need to sit down somewhere. Good lord Danni, you killin' them." Filled with liquor in his system, Sean is a goof ball. A little offensive, but in a friendly way. Jennifer sat on the left of him, sipping on a single glass of champagne, dressed beautifully in a beige sparkled dress that wrapped around her neck, exposing her entire back.