When A Woman's Fed Up

"All men are triflin'..." ―Danielle

(Studio session...8:45 PM)

    "♪While all the time that I was loving you/ You were busy loving yourself/ I would stop breathing if you told me to/ Now you're busy loving someone else/ Eleven years out of my life/ Besides the kids I have nothing to show/ Wasted my years a fool of a wife/ I shoulda have left your ass long time ago."

    Being in the studio without Jodeci equals peace and harmony. Since my conversation with Stephen, I can't help but the think of Devante even more. To point where I sat my ass down at the piano and spent an hour writing one song; a song that'll fit Mary's vocals. She sat beside me, wearing an all-black hoodie―Cedric's I believe, and a pair of black shades. I kept my mouth shut once I spotted that black eyes behind those shades. Cedric wouldn't dare hit Mary; well not to my belief. K-Ci and Mary are the ideal black couple in the music industry, besides Bobby and Whitney.

    "What is this song called? Why did you write it Why do you want me to sing it?" I understand that Mary is under a lot of stress. Just like Jodeci, Mary is the Queen of R&B, yet at times she does not receive the recognition that she should. Money is not an issue. Being signed to Uptown Records, it seems as if everyone is locked in their contracts, wishing that they could break free.

    "It's just something I was thinking in my head. I think I want to name it 'Not Gon' Cry'. I mean it somewhat explains what a lot of women experience; heartache, heartbreak, and positivity. I want this song to uplift women and I figured I could give you the song and hopefully one day you will record it."

    "I would love that." She smiles weakly. "What's the chorus?"

    I handed her the music sheet. My fingers brush against the piano keys as she begins to sing the chorus. "♪Well I'm not gon cry, I'm not gon cry, I'm not gon shed no tears/ No, I'm not gon cry, it's not the time, cuz you're not worth my tears."

    "Is this song about you and Devante?" Mary asked out of the blue. I hiked my brows in amazement. "I wouldn't say that this song is about Devante but after our little disagreement, I had to write what was in my heart."

    "Do you have feelings for him?"

    "I do. We only known each other for four months. Out of those four months we talked, we laughed, we argued, and we got to know each other. I was going through a break up with my ex-boyfriend, so yeah, I gave Devante a tough time. At that rate, I couldn't survive another broken heart. I guess I pushed him over the edge, and..."

    "Don't believe that shit. Devante is big bruh but he is not loyal. Dalvin ain't loyal. JoJo ain't loyal. And K-Ci...he is far from being loyal. They will do and say anything just to get in between another woman's thighs."

    "If that is the case, why are you still with K-Ci?" That is a million-dollar question that needs to be answered. Every other day K-Ci is in the tabloids with a different woman on his arms. I hint the pain behind those dark shades. A woman scorned is every woman's weakness.

    "Love. You can't possibly relate to my story if you haven't experienced love―pure love, not lust. You don't know the feeling I had the first time I came face to face with Cedric. At first I thought it was puppy love, until I blossomed into a young lady. K-Ci treated me like a lady; always opening the doors for me, holding my hand in public, and even rubbing my feet when they hurt. This new Cedric is not the Cedric I fell in love with. Because Jodeci is literally winning and their stardom expanded by a million, Cedric is too caught on being K-Ci instead of Cedric Hailey. I want to be happy Danielle. People see me as Mary J. Blige, the strong R&B icon to all women. All I want is to be happy with the man I love, but I can't because of the scandalous ass women on this earth. I can't be happy knowing my man is somewhere eating another woman's vagina but have the nerve to come to my home and try to kiss my lips. I want to be happy in my relationship and yes, I will do anything to make my man happy, but I draw the line at the disrespect."