Long Distance

"This long-distance shit is for the birds" – Devante

Devante

    "Where the fuck you run off to last night?" This morning when I woke up with Danielle in my arms, nothing else mattered; rehab, the fellas, Brooke, my kids, my family―I didn't want that feeling to end. I felt comfortable. Waking up next to my Queen was a dream come true. Cliché.

    "Y'all wouldn't believe me if I told y'all." After gracefully dicking down my Queen and sending her on her way with a fucked-up limp, I met up with the fellas at the rehab facility. K-Ci, JoJo and Dalvin are leaving Dallas today. JoJo is going back home in LA, while K-Ci and JoJo are traveling to New York for Jodeci business. Jodeci ain't back on the map, but we are still making records.

    "Nigga we were 'bout to call the po-po on yo ass. The least yo lite brite ass could've done was answer our calls." K-Ci was the first one to jump down my throat. I wasn't expecting his skinny ass to be so concerned. I mean, we cool and all, but there is some unfinished business that K-Ci and I need to discuss.

    "Mannnnn...I got me some last night."

    JoJo took one look at me and burst out laughing. Nigga ain't got no hope for your boy. "Yeah, and I fucked Oprah last night. Man, get the fuck outta here. Like yo faithful ass gone cheat on the grizzly smelly beast of the wicket west." Dalvin and K-Ci fell onto the floor laughing. A part of me want to laugh along, but shit, that is my lady they talkin' about. But on some real shit, what me and Brooke got goin' on has to end; like today.

    "Anyways fool, I ran into my future wife―"

    "Now, it's only one female you been head over heels for your ass, and I know damn well she ain't dumb enough to fall for your shit again." Dalvin comments.

    "Danielle?" K-Ci questions. "Big booty Danielle? Nice set of titties Danielle? Nice―"

    I found the nearest object and threw it at his ass. "Talk about my girl again lil nigga and see if I don't shove my foot up yo ass."

    "You wouldn't kill a fly." He laughs. "But on some trill shit, where the hell Danielle come from? I knew she was from Texas, but I ain't know she was a Dallas girl."

    "I'on care where she from, I still say she bad news bruh." I shot Dalvin a shocking look. At first the nigga was all for me being with Danielle. Now he doesn't feel cool with me finding love? The fuck kind of backwards ass shit is that?

    "Where the hell did that come from Dalvin? Why is it that when I want to do something right in my life, you always bring me down? I understand your concern―"

    "Open yo eyes bruh, the woman is bad news. Ever since we met the broad, our lives been hell. I understand that you love her and all, but this shit doesn't feel right."

    "You let me deal with Danielle. Just because your girl died and shit, don't walk around and pointing the fingers at Danielle. I've washed my hands with the bullshit. Y'all feel a certain way 'bout me being with Danielle?" I asked K-Ci and JoJo. They both shook their heads no.

    Dalvin shrugged his shoulders. "It's your life bruh―"

    "Then let me live my life―"

    "Aight...but how you sup'pose to live yo life with a married woman? Danielle been married big bruh...still married." Married? It took me a minute to register what Dalvin had said. I grabbed a seat. Danielle ain't say nothing about being married. I knew her ass was in a relationship; it's obvious with those bruises and shit all over her body. But married?