Chapter 27 : The Talk

Sheiia

Everything's running so vividly in my mind. Lahat, sariwa at nakatatak pa rin sa isipan ko. Prof has been bombarding my phone with her numerous calls and texts but I chose to ignore her. At least for now. I don't think I'm ready to hear her out yet. I still remember the talk I had with Kuya Gideon.

"How could you do this to us, Sheiia?  All this time, kayo na pala ng gagong iyon tapos hindi mo manlang sinabi sa akin? Kahit sa akin manlang!"

Kuya was so mad but I can see that he's also worried with my situation. Naiintindihan ko naman kung bakit ganito ang reaksyon niya. It seemed like we both betrayed him. Kaibigan niya si Prof at kapatid niya ako pero mas pinili naming dalawa na maglihim.

"I'm sorry, Kuya. I was just so afraid that you'll detest our relationship. I'm so sorry."

"Of course, I will! I respect her sexuality preference because she's my friend and I understand her. But fuck, it's enough that she cheated on Keirah. I won't let her do that to you."

Shock was an understatement to define what I feel that moment. So aside from not telling me her past relationship with Ate, hindi rin niya sinabi sa akin na nagtaksil siya kay Ate Keirah! Ano bang dapat kong maramdaman? Dapat ba akong magalit, masaktan o magtampo? I don't know. My emotions all slurred right now.

"She cheated on Keirah with Elise."

Oh, fuck this shit. Hindi ko alam kung hanggang kelan ko hindi papansinin si Prof. This is not just about her past relationship with my sister. This is about her cheating with her. Also, I should not forget the part the she cheated with Prof. Elise as well.

Tahimik akong pumasok sa sa klase kinaumagahan. Prof's already there kasi sinadya kong pumasok on time. Vera's confused dahil hindi ko siya binati, dagdagan pa na may band-aid ang gilid ng labi ni Prof. Melendrez. Kahit ang iba naming kaklase ay narinig kong nag-uusap tungkol dito nang may pagtataka.

"Hey, Sheiia. What happened to Ate? She went home yesterday looking like a mess."
Vera was trying to get my attention since I was busy browsing my phone the moment I stepped inside the room.

I threw a glance at my girlfriend and I saw her looking at me. I tried my best not to show any reaction. Kung kahapon naawa ako sa ginawa ni Kuya sa kanya, ngayon hindi ko alam kung may awa pa ba akong nararamdaman sa kanya kasi ang alam ko lang, nasasaktan ako.

Nasasaktan ako kasi nalaman kong ilang beses ding naging taksil ang girlfriend ko. Na pwede din niyang gawin sa akin anytime.

"I don't know. Asked her." Tipid kong sagot. Wala akong balak ikuwento kay Vera ang nangyari because I know it will make her a bad impression. I know how much she adores her sister.

"She didn't answer me when I tried to. And look, she has a bruised on her face like she was punched! And I thought you'll be worried pero hindi ka manlang sumagot sa mga texts and calls ko!"

Vera's getting hyper and frustrated. Nababakas ang iritasyon sa boses nito dahil sa reaksyon ko. Would you feel that way if you'll know the truth?

It seemed that Vera was not aware of what happened between my sister and hers. Ni hindi ko nga alam kung alam ba niyang ex ng Ate ko ang Ate niya. She looked so ignorant of that fact.

"Just ask her Vera. I'm not in the mood today." I weakly answered. Wala talaga ako sa mood ngayon para sagutin ang tanong niya.

"Hey, have you two had a fight? Ate's been looking at you like she did something wrong."