Chapter 39 : Four Walls

Sheiia

Until now, I still can't believe that everything's happening so fast. Katulad ng kung gaano kabilis kaming nagsimula ni Ash, ganun din kabilis ang paglagapak ng pag-asa ko na makakaya namin ang lahat.

Dad wants me to break-up with Ash. The last thing I wished to do.

God, how could I break-up with her kung ako itong takot na takot na iwanan niya?

I cried my heart out for three days and two nights. Ash has been in panic since I wasn't answering her calls and I've been neglecting her messages. Kahit pa sabihin na hindi natuloy ang flight ko sa Boston, mas lalo namang humigpit sa akin si Dad. Bumalik ang malamig niyang pakikitungo sa akin.

I thought, everything will be okay when we found out that Jessica was the one behind all the chaos in my llife. I guess, I was wrong again. Again.

Kasi kung kelan masaya na ako, may kapalit pala iyong mas mabigat na kalungkutan. It was all just temporary. I was just given an impermanent time of bliss. Na pati sina Ate at Kuya ay apektado din sa aming dalawa ni Dad.

Ate Keirah has told Dad about what Jessica did to bring me down. That Kuya Lance never cheated and I am innocent. That Jessica is just lunatic enough to conspire things in order to destroy my life. Ate Keirah has told Dad that she will take care of that issue  para sana hindi na makarating pa sa kaalaman ni Dad ang tungkol sa ugnayan namin ni Ash pero wala ding nangyari. Ni hindi namin alam kung paanong nalaman ni Dad.

Since then, lahat ng kilos ko ay bantay sarado ni Dad. He even strictly asked Manong Louie to never let me near Ash. I don't want Manong Louie to be torn in between Dad's authority and my cataclysm. I don't even want him to speak lies in my father's face just for my own sake.

The worst thing is, Dad has been manipulating my life again. Just like what he is doing to me right now. I was forced to go out for a dinner with Nataniel. The man I hated the most because of the way he plays his card on this game.

"Hey, any problem Sheiia? You don't like the food?"

Mula sa pagpasok sa restaurant hanggang sa gitna ng pagkain, nanatili akong tahimik. Ni mata niya, ayaw kong makasalubong ng tingin. I don't care if he rented this place just for the two of us.

"No. There is no problem with the food. My problem is you. You are the problem, Nataniel. Why are you doing this to me?"

I saw how he clenched his fist when I told him that he's my problem. Maybe because it's a direct insult coming from my mouth.

"I told you. I'll get you, by hook or by crook."

I gritted my teeth in response of what he said. He seemed so proud of what he's doing. Using my Dad to get me in force.

"I told you, too. I will never be yours, Nataniel. I love someone else."

There's a sense of full conviction and determination on my voice. Hindi ko alam kung may idea na si Nataniel sa relasyon naming dalawa ni Ash, but what's there to hide? Alam na rin naman ni Dad.

His face darkened as he glared at me. He got his table napkin and wiped his mouth with that piece of cloth.

"And who are you proud of? That bastard lesbian sister of mine?! C'mon Sheiia, no matter what you do, you will never be together. Because we won't allow you to."

The hatred on his face is very evident. It seemed that he hates Ash very much based on the way how he address her.

"Bastard? Lesbian? Yes, she maybe is. But do you know why I love her? Because she's different. She is not you. She is Ashley and no one else. And I love her so much. So much, Nataniel."