Chapter 48 : Forbidden

Ashley

I never felt so happy. At last, Lerise is back in my arms again. I don't want to think of what happened on the past anymore. All I know is I want her. Us together.

I maneuvered my car to the vacant space on the parking lot on a building where Heather's condo unit is located. I need to talk about us. I need to end this craziness.

People might think that I am being selfish. But can you blame me? I waited for Lerise for years. Many years and now that she's back in my arms, I won't let her go again. She's mine and that's the end of story.

"Heather?"

There's no sign of Heather as I went inside her unit. I used the duplicate key she gave me to enter her condo without bothering anyone inside.

Nilibot ko ang buong sulok ng kanyang bahay ngunit hindi ko siya makita. Nakita kong nasa kwarto niya ang kanyang phone, even her ipad.

Damn, where is she?

Paalis na ako ng condo when I bumped into someone. I think her name's Cindy. Heather's neighbor.

"Hey, Ash right? You're looking for Heather?"

I nodded in response. The woman's wearing a concerned look on her face.

"Yeah. Do you know where is she?"

"She's in St. Luke's Makati. We rushed her there last night because we found her unconscious. Mukha ding nagsuka siya ng dugo kasi madaming nakakalat na suka ng dugo sa floor ng bahay niya. Dinala namin siya ng boyfriend ko sa hospital kagabi."

Bigla akong kinabahan sa sinabi ni Cindy. Damn, what happened to Heather?

"Thanks Cindy."

Iyon lang at mabilis na akong bumaba ng building and rushed myself to St Luke's. Mabilis namang tinuro sa akin ng nurse ang room number ni Heather when she recognized me as Heather's girlfirend. Heather's a famous model kaya exposed sa public ang aming relasyon.

I was about to open the door when I heard a woman shouted inside the room.

"No Mom! I won't get an operation! Kung magpapaopera ako, there's a possibility that I won't bear a child. I want to bear a child! Gusto kong bigyan ng anak si Ash!"

Humigpit ang hawak ko sa doorknob ng pinto. The door's half opened kaya nakita kong kausap nito ang kanyang mga magulang.

Damn, what the hell is happening here?

"But darling, you might be in danger if we'll not remove the tumor inside your uterus. Please, I know how much you love Ash and we love her, too. But we don't want to lose you. Please."

Napapikit ako ng mariin nang marealized ko kung anong nangyayari. Heather's sick and she refused the treatment because she wants to bear my child.

"No, Mom. Just one child, please. The doctor said I can still bear one child and do the operation after."

Nakita kong napahilamos ng mukha ang kanyang Ama.

"But that's not a guarantee that you'll make it, Heather! God, your life is in danger and you still think of putting another life in danger?!"

Hindi na ako nakatiis pa at agad pumasok sa kwarto ni Heather.

"Baby!"

Mabilis itong bumaba ng kama at agad akong sinalubong ng halik. Pikitmata kong tinugon ang kanyang halik.

God, I'm sorry Lerise.

"Hon I'm sorry I wasn't with you last night. I'm sorry Tito, Tita kung napabayaan ko po si Heather."