Chapter 23 : Clandestine Love Affair

Sheiia

People say that dangers are like lightning. You'll never know where to find it unless it will find you. Since that night, I've been receiving MMS showing photos of me together with Prof. Melendrez.

Of course this is indeed alarming. Hindi na ito joke kaya nakakabahalang may ganito akong natatanggap. It feels like a silent threat that may assail me anytime.

I tried calling the unregistered number of the person who sent me numerous photos but it was no avail. It seems like my number has been blocked on the anonymous sender's device so I can't make a call.

Dahil dito, pansamantala kaming nag-lie low ni Prof. Feeling ko nga, good choice na rin itong paglie-low namin dahil narealized ko na habang tumatagal ay mas lalo akong nagiging mapusok. Ayokong mawalan na naman ako ng kontrol at mangyari na naman ang hindi dapat.

This must be the rationale of teenage pregnancy in the country. Teenage nowadays are blinded by their love they always give in to temptations. Yung pakiramdam na parang kaya kong ibigay sa kanya ang lahat dahil mahal ko siya. Iyon ang nararamdaman ko sa ngayon. Yung wala akong nakikita kundi puro siya at ako lang. And I know that this is not right.

I just found someone to share my world but it doesn't mean that she'll be the sole center of my universe.

It was lunchtime at nasa cafeteria kami nina Vera and Pat. May lakad ata ang mga boys kaya girl bonding kami ngayon.

Pat wasn't the same since Rox has decided to leave her. She still talks a lot, but it was different from before.

"Pat..."

Lumingon siya sa akin nang marinig niyang tinawag ko ang pangalan niya.

"Uhm?"

I tried to sound casual para hindi masyadong maapektuhan si Patrice sa itatanong ko. "Has Rox contacted you?"

Pat casually avoided my gaze and focused her attention to her food. "No."

Huminga ako ng malalim at tumingin kay Vera. Alam kong pareho kami ng iniisip nito.

"Pat, anong plano mo ngayon?" That's Vera. Siya lang naman ang may kakayahang magtanong ng mga sensitive questions like that.

Pat didn't answer her question kaya natahimik nalang din kaming dalawa.

"I miss her. I miss her damn much I think I'm going crazy." Out of the sudden ay nasabi ni Pat. She's more like talking to herself.

"If felt like she took half of me when she left. Damn, two years na kami ni Ralf pero ni hindi ko naisip that I'll fall inlove with her. She's my bestfriend for Pete's sake! I don't even know when did I start to fall for her or when I fell out of love for Ralf."

Tahimik naman kaming nakinig ni Vera. I know Pat's been hurting right now and we can't do anything to at least alleviate her suffering.

"Tingin ng lahat ng mga tao ay bestfriend lang kami and it stopped there. They said that falling out of love is a decision and choice, but since when did I ever make a decision to fall in love with the impossible?"

She's now crying, not giving a damn to all the people who's staring at us. Isa pa sa sakit na dala ngayon ni Patrice ay ang katotohanang Rox has been out of the closet and started dating girls.

Yes, you heard it right. Just yesterday, Rox serenaded Camilla, one member of our pep squad. Camilla seemed to be flattered kasi kilig na kilig ito habang hinaharana ni Rox. Our university also respects the rights of the LGBT that's why Rox has not been condemned for what she did as long as it will not harm the school or the students. That's one of the things I like here in our university.