Chapter 8 - Silenced

Zakira

This place was amazing. I don't remember anything like this. All I really remember from my home was the small bed I slept on. Other than that all I remember is darkness. And pain. "I'll be back, I have to go check on the kids. Feel free to look around though and help yourself to some food if you get hungry." Lucie says before running off.

I stood there still in shock. This place was amazing. Lucie seemed real nice, although I'd always heard stories about how pets were raised to be kind to their masters, but rude to anyone beneath them. Lucie made me think differently. I decided I wanted to explore some more, see some new places, feel the sun on my skin. I just have to find a way outside. I walked through the halls, people passing by, whispering and murmuring.

"They hate you. They know what you are. They know what you've done. I can not wait for them to kill you. You'll kill again, you remember the feeling. The power! They'll want you dead! They probably only bought you here to kill you. They wont hang you or slit your throat like you've tried, no they'll do all the things you haven't. They'll burn you alive, drown you, or maybe, that cute guard boy will suck the life out of you, the way you sucked the life out of me!"  She screamed.

I ran off, tears streaming down my face. I thought I could outrun her, but every turn I made she stood there, taunting me with the idea of Killian draining my life away. They can kill me, I don't care, but please don't make Killian do it. I've felt pain before, but I fear that maybe that would destroy me. I turned a corner to find my mother standing right there. I stumbled backwards and fell over, tears still falling from my eyes.

"You think he actually likes you?"  My mother hissed as she stepped closer, her eyes narrowed onto me.

"They saved me! He saved me! He wouldn't let them hurt me!" I yelled at her, my voice still sore from all those years in purgatory.

"Oh but he would. They only got you here so they could kill you themselves. The deceptions just wanted to make you a soldier like your father, but you weren't ready. These people want you to die. Yo want to die too remember?"  She says and I growl.

"No mother! No!" I yelled and she smirked.

"Then why are you at the top floor?" My mother asks as she motions towards the sunlight shining down the stairs that lead to the roof. I stood up and crept past her, staring at the sunlight. "You really want to give them the chance to kill you? They will make it hurt. Kill yourself Zakira, come and be with me, your father. your sister." My heart broke as I was reminded of what I did to Annabella.

My baby sister. I almost fell to my knees in tears, but I ran near the edge and further away from the stairs as I hear Lucie call for me.

"No! Zakira what are you doing!" She yells.

"Stay back! You just want to kill me!" I yell as Lucie takes a step closer.

"What. No no Zakira, we want to keep you safe."

"Lies!" My mother hisses and I shake my head.

"Zakira, we're not gonna hurt you. I promise you." She says as she steps closer again.

"Stay back!" I yell. She stops where she stands. She bows her head a little and she says something but I could only understand two words. Get her. "Listen to me Zakira, we want to help.

"Liar! I heard you talk to someone!" I yelled.

"Yes, I called Killian, with this necklace." She says as she pulls the necklace out from underneath her shirt. "I told hm to come here, and help me get you down from here." She says.