Chapter 13 - Flashbacks

Lucie

It all started with a dream. One dream that sent my life to the brink of lies.

My mother pushed me away. My father hated the very being of me.

I didn't understand. Until it was that day.

*flashback*

"Momma!" My little self squeals and hung to my mothers tall heeled legs.

"Go away, mother's busy." Tears dripped on my small pale-pink cheeks. Why wouldn't momma play with me? Was I a bad girl? Did I do something to make momma mad?

"But Momma..."

"Enough, child. Go to your room." I ran from my father who had just entered the room, tears falling from my cheeks. As I ran outside the house, I bumped into something hard.

"Oh hello there." I looked up and a very handsome, tall man smiled down at me.

"Who are you?" My voice was small as a mouse.

"I'm Lord Beau, my dear. And you are?" I looked at the ground and shuffled.

"I don't have a name, Sir. Momma and Papa don't like me very much." But I love them. Even if they hate me so.

The strange man patted my head and bent to my level. "Well, how about you come with me, mmm?" I shook my head.

"But momma and papa live here so I live here." Sticking my thumb in my mouth, my little self stared at him with big doe eyes. He only chuckled.