Chapter 19 - Confession

Lucie

It was weird watching her. I use to watch her all the time. When she walked around I watched her, I never really spoke to her. We only spoke to one another when Lord Beau ordered me to stick around him and the princess.

I watched her from the very first time I came to the house of Deception's. But you forget that both are opposites of a coin.

Sighing, I stand and walk out of the cells. No one can know about my feelings. They'd all think its wrong.

The compound was quiet as I walked by. Strange. Hopefully things are in progress. I need to check up on things in my office.

Paper work after paper. Its never ending. I can't ask Killian because I already signed him to keep Zakira company and guarded just in case.

My boots slapped across the stone floor. My now short hair wavering just slightly. With my hand I touch the short strands.

I do not regret cutting it. I will not have the hair of someone who was treated like a pet. I'm a new person now.

With a squeak, I open my office door and the first thing my eye catches, is the two figures standing in the middle of my office. They were both frozen. "Killian? Zakira? What are you two doing in here?" I ask, walking further in.

I scan them and the room before my eyes catch a piece of paper that was wet. I froze my footsteps. Their eyes were glued to it. "Where... Did you get that...?" I breathe out. No one speaks up. Are they too shocked? Outraged? 

"I asked," Taking a deep breath, I continued however didn't look at them. "Where did you get that?" The feeling of warm tears started to brim my eyes. 

Why do I feel the way to do about Zana? Is it because her very self glows. Her smile that brightens my day or is It because she has a heart that's meant for good people. "Lucie, talk to us." 

I shook my head and stared into the fire. "What do you want me to say? Deny what you just read?" I walked to my desk and sat down, head in my hands. "Zana... she has been something that I didn't expect. She doesn't love me back. She used me... she only liked the obedient pet. Not my personality... the broken, misunderstood girl." I stood up and walked to the office door and opened it. "Please leave. I have important work to do." 

"Lucie..." I didn't say anything and held the door open. 

"Leave. Please." They looked at one another than to me before they walked out. I closed the door and slid down it. I finally let them fall. The tears now free as I curled into a ball and sobbed. Princess Zana doesn't realise she is my weakness.