Chapter 24 - Separation

Killian

Once Lucie left us, all my attention was on the untouchable beside me. Her soft hair spread out over my pillows.
I'm gonna give her a life after this. The life she deserves. I'm going to give her a big house. I'm going to make her happy.

She groans as she tosses in my arms, rolling over so her back is facing me, her ass pressed against my crotch. I pull her closer as take in her scent. She was so beautiful, and I felt a connection with her. One I've never felt before. Death being drawn to death.
"What are you thinking so hard about?" Zakira asks as she wipes the sleep from her eyes. I smile at her, the candle light hitting her face, illuminating her eyes in the most beautiful way.
"I was thinking about you." I said and she blushes a bit. "You had a nightmare didn't you?" She nods and looks away from me.
"I was back in purgatory."
I roll over her and kiss her, our lips connecting for a few seconds before I pull away and look back into her perfect eyes.
"I love you Zakira Alice. I will burn down every castle, and devour every soul if that is what it takes to keep you safe."

Zakira

I couldn't believe how much I cared for Killian. He makes me feel like I'm wrapped in this blanket of warmth. He makes me feel loved. Safe. Alive.
I pull him down into a kiss, his body pressed against mine as he deepens the kiss, his tongue exploring the inside of my mouth.

I slide my hands over his shirt, a little nervous about how close his hand got to my upper thigh as his other hand rested beside my head, holding him up.
I smirks at me before sitting up and taking his shirt off, his solid body exposed in front of me.
He pulls me onto his lap, my body straddled over his.
"your turn" He says confidently as his hand slides up my shirt slowly.
I lifted my arms up, giving him permission to undress me.

My shirt comes off and the cold air hits my body before Killing pulled me closer to him, chest to chest as he shares his body heat with me, our lips connected once more as my fingers entangled in his hair.
I decided to be confident as Killian lay us back down, planting soft kisses up my body.
I reach down for the top of his jeans and he stops.
Oh no, i'd ruined all of this.
"Are you sure you want to do this?" He asked, a little worried.
I nod slowly. "I'll tell you if I want to stop. Do you have any uh....um."
"I'm technically dead. We" He laughs before planting another kiss on my lips. "We go at your pace my love."

I lay in Killians arms, my body still pressed against him, our naked bodies connected as I smiled up at him, the only thing separating us was a thin sheet.

Our passion had ended after a while. It was better than I had ever imagined.
"I like that thing you did?"
"what thing?"
"All of it." I blushed and Killian smiled at me.
"I'm glad you enjoyed it my love." I smiled at him.
"Can we-" I froze as an explosion sounded through the entire compound.
"What was that?" I asked terrified as Killain held me closer.
"You stay here Z, do you understand me?" Killian says.
I nod as he stands up and starts getting dressed.
"Get dressed, and stay hidden." Killian says before running out.
Why does every day have to end like this?