Chapter 31 - Love Dies

Lucie

I watch as she runs down the halls until she pauses in front of a wall. I have her cornered. Stalking towards her, she turns around and I see the brink of tears well in her eyes. "I have you cornered." My voice was strange but right now all I could think of is killing her.

"Oh please Lucie. You wont kill me, you love me."

"I'm not Lucie at the moment. She's watching in the back of our heads. My name is Lucile." Her eyes widened.

"So it's true what the ancient hieroglyphs spoke of." She muttered, her back being pressed further into the wall. I growled and slammed her back into the wall, the brick cracking with the force. I wrapped my hand around her throat, blocking off her air way.

"Lucie use to love you, she thought you her world when she was a child, but those were false memories your father implanted in her mind. And at the time, she never knew what happened to her parents." Zana started choking, kicking her legs as if it was to help clasp for air.

"I-I love seei...ng L-Luc...Lucy in pa..in." I grin and press her harder into the wall.

"I love seeing you in pain! Now take away that lock on her mind you puny human!" Her face scrunched in pain until I felt warmth in my head and Zana drop to the floor unconscious. My head pounded and suddenly I was being thrust in memories.

I was about 10 years old, mummy and daddy were in the kitchen playing with cake. It was so funny. I wanted to play with them but I had pushed a girl at school today so I had to stay in my room until dinner. It wasn't my fault the girl thought it was funny to make fun of my mummy and daddy. Daddy works with the king and mummy is a baker. I love mummy's cookies!

I sat on my bed upset and then the doorbell rung. Running to my bedroom door I opened it a crack to see mummy and daddy open the door. These scary men in armor and guns stood at the door yelling funny words at them and mummy and daddy yelling back. Mummy saw me and yelled at me to hide. "Mummy? What's wrong?" I went out to them but the big scary people had looked at me and decided to push mummy and daddy. I screamed and ran towards mummy and daddy.

"Isa! Run! Sweetie run!" Daddy yelled as he hit the scary man. I started to cry, didn't know what to do. This made me angry. They were hurting mummy and daddy. Why? Why are they hurting them? Suddenly I was charging at the scary men and pushed them away, their heads hitting the walls, knocking them unconscious.

"Isa!" Mummy screamed but I didn't see the gun the scary man had and saw mummy drop to the fall.

"Mummy? Mummy why are you on the floor?"  Daddy screamed and cried. "Daddy what's wrong with mummy?" But I couldn't get an answer from him as I heard a big BANG. Daddy slumped to the floor not moving. "Daddy?! Daddy, mummy!" I cried and ran to them shaking them. "Daddy...Mummy."

*Few minutes later*

I sat beside my parents, frozen with tears streaming down my face. A man had appeared by the doorway. He looked around with a frown until his eyes landed on me. He walked to me and I just sat there, afraid to move. "It's okay sweetie. It's okay I wont hurt you." He has scary dark eyes and a scar on his cheek. I cried trying to move but his eyes were captivating me. "It's okay  I'm Malek your new father. Come Lucie it's okay."

I blink, staring at the floor until I saw drops of water splash onto the ground. Tears. I sobbed, rubbing my eyes and stood up. My life has been a lie... my parents didn't abandon me... they kept me safe. Slowly standing up, I walk to the ballroom limping.

As I arrive to the ballroom I spot Zakira kneeling on the ground. She looks up and smiles softly. I look around and couldn't find Killian. "Zakira... where is Killian." She just looked at me, tears in her eyes not answering. "Please Zakira. Where is he!" She looked away and I sat on the ground sobbing. H-he no, no he...

"Lucie..."

"My name... is it Lucie? Or... Isa?" I don't know. My watery gaze turns to all the Deceptions crying over Maleks dead body. Standing up I walk to his throne and stand in front of it. "You king is dead! I Lucisa will take over! Bow now or die!"