Chapter 16 - Party

Zakira

Lucie left me to go down to the party, I just needed a minute to calm myself.

I've never been to a party, and I've never wanted to impress anyone. I wanted Killian to be proud standing next to me, although after everything I've done I know its difficult. I stared at myself in the mirror. 

The purple dress was magnificent. I felt...important. The top of the dress was tight, like a corset with a black floral patter going down the middle and across the top, and then a black bow around my waist where the dress begins flowing more.

I smiled as I played with my hair. Lucie had braided it at the sides but left some strands out and then done my hair up in a bun at the back. I pace backwards and forwards in Killian's room before finally calming myself. I can do this.

Just deep breathes and one step at a time. I walk down from Killian's room and make my way down stairs. I follow the sound of music down through multiple crumbling hallways before walking into a massive room that looks well preserved. I looked around the room to find multiple people in suits and dresses.

They all looked beautiful. I looked around and I finally found Killian talking to Lucie. I wave at her and she smiles at me. Killian turns to look at me and I swear his eyes lit up. I walked over to him and he made his way through the crowd to me. I met up with him and I was absolutely speechless.

I had no idea what I was supposed to say to him. "Uh...Happy birthday." I said and he smiled.

"Thank you. You look amazing." he says and I blush.

"Thank you." I said and he smiles before grabbing my hand.

"Come dance with me." he says before dragging me to the center of the room.

"Killian I can't dance." I whisper to him and he smiles.

"Sure you can. Just follow my lead." He says as his hand snakes around my waist and onto the center of my back. Even through the dress he was so warm. His other hand finds mine and he intertwines our fingers.

"He can touch her?" I hear a girl whisper near us. I went to look at her but Killian cups my cheek and turns me back to face him

"Ignore them. They're just mesmerized by how beautiful you look." He says and I blush before he leads me around the room, spinning me around and leading us along the floor.

We couldn't dance for long as I got tired quickly. Killian smiled at my flushed face before kissing my cheek. "I'll get us a drink" He says and as he goes to talk away I grab his hand. I look down and just stare at his hand, playing with his fingers.

"Why do you seem so fascinated with touching me?" he asks and I blush a little. Before I can respond, I hear Lucie's voice and we all turn to face her.

"Killian, my ally, my best friend, my family. You turn nineteen today Cupcake. So I thought id sing happy birthday to you." She says and I giggle.

Cupcakes so cute, although it may suit his personality, it doesn't much suit his appearance. She begins singing him happy birthday and I couldn't get enough of her voice.

She sounded so beautiful, and she had the most amazing singing voice id ever heard. It's no surprise every deception, royal or not wanted her. When she was done, she came over and gave Killian a hug before demanding everyone return to the party.

An hour or so later, it got late so I told Killian I was going to bed. He said he had to say goodbye to a few people and then meet me up there. I smile before heading upstairs.

I wiped off my make-up, took out my hair and brushed it before Islipped out of my dress and stood there in a bra and panties.

Lucie had left me some pajamas. Shorts, a sports bra and a tank top. I slipped into the shorts and and swapped the tight strapless bra for the loose sports bra. I decided not to wear the tank top and slip into one of Killian's long sleeve shirts again.

They were so warm and comfortable and they smelt so much like him. "You look cute like that" Killian said as he put his jacket on the chair and I smiled at him. He unbuttoned his shirt and the minute I saw his bare flesh, I stepped closer and put my hand on his chest. I couldn't help it. He's just so...touchable.

"You didn't get to answer my question earlier." he said and I looked up at him. "why do you like touching me so much?" He asks again?

"I don't know...you're warm. and safe. I never wanted to touch anyone, not until I met you at least." I said and he smiled.

"We'll I never wanted to kiss anyone until I met you." he says. I look up at him and before I can even reply he kisses me. It was like fire and ice. I felt it all through my body. At first I was just lost. What was I supposed to do? Then I just stopped thinking. My hands slid up from his chest and around his neck into his sinful hair.

His hands snaked around my waist pulling me closer. He was perfection. We began stepping backwards until we collapsed onto the bed. We laughed but our lips never parted for long. I was lost in him. I could feel it all in him. He wasn't kissing me for anything more than how close it made us. I was so lost in him. I couldn't get enough. He pulled away and smiled at me.

"Get some sleep." He says as I breathed heavily. He took my breath away so easily. He crawls behind me and wraps his arms around my waist beneath my shirt. Killian whispered in my ear, telling me he's always going to protect me and love me and be here for me. I faded off into sleep, in the arms of the boy I believe I'm falling in love with.