Chapter 1

*Edited*

I screamed, sweat covered my body. I looked around my room, searching around. All the white and pink had disappeared. I was alone in my room, I hunched over the side of my bed, trying to catch my breath.

"Scarlett." Christy burst into my room. "Are you okay, honey?"

"I'm fine. I'm sorry,  it was just a  bad dream." I reassured her.

"You want some tea?" She asked.

I hugged myself, "I guess so."

I followed her down the stairs and into the dimly lit kitchen. I sat on the barstool as Christy began making some hot water. She pulled two red mugs out of the cabinet. 

"Herbal or Peach?"

"Herbal." 

Christy nodded, "What got you so freaked out?"

"It's stupid."

"Tell me."

"It was the wedding, everything felt wrong. Like, it was wrong of me to accept the ring, I don't know. It all felt off. Tracey was there." I said as recollected my dream. 

"Did something happen between you two?" The tea kettle whistled, steam poured out the top of the red kettle. Christy poured the hot water into the cups.

"She told me I was making a mistake." Christy didn't say anything when she handed me my cup. 

I studied her, "What? Do you agree?"

"Honey, look. I will always be supportive of you. Do I think it's a tad too soon? Yeah, but does that mean it completely wrong and awful? Of course not. He makes you happy."

I rubbed my face, "I know. it feels like a bad omen. A warning."

"Are you having second thoughts?"

 I stared down at my ring, "No, I just- crazy. I am being crazy. Lack of sleep, wedding preparations, college decisions, everything. I am overthinking. The wedding's months and months away but-"

"It's a lot to take in. I know." She placed her hand on mine, "Everything is going to be crazy for a while, it's going to settle soon, though. Just breathe. It's going to be alright."

"Yeah." I nodded, I took a sip of the tea.

"I'll be here if you need help with everything."

"How you are and Todd?" I changed the subject. 

She blushed, "We're good. Stressed. But good."

"Do you think he'll propose soon?" 

"Let's get through one wedding before another, okay?" 

I chuckled, "This is so weird."

"Very. But stranger things happen every day. Well, I am going to head to bed." She kissed my forehead, mug in hand. "It was only a dream, okay?"

"Night." I told her as she headed up the stairs.

I took a long sip of the warm drink, I studied the clock on the oven, 3: 23 a.m.  Then my gaze shifted to the ring on my finger.

It was only a dream. 

A dream.