Chapter 13

"This is so freaking cute." I exclaimed as I looked at a black and white Maxi dress.

"That would totally complement your curves!" A pink haired girl British girl smiled as she walked over to me.

"Really?" I asked as I looked down at myself. I mean, I had been doing more yoga and squats.

"Oh definitely. I hope this isn't too personal but your ass is huge! How do you do it?"

"Umm, I do squats, leg lifts, yoga." I said. "Good to know. Now, if you are going to get that dress, you simply must get this." She thrusted a white cardigan at me.

"Wow, this is adorable." I admired the soft fabric. "And this black braided headband, and these white pearls." She handed me earrings and the headband. I smiled at her, "I think I'm ready to check out."

. . . .

I walked into Niall's mom's house, her car was gone. I carried my bags upstairs. When I opened up the door to the bedroom, Niall was sitting on the bed.

"Where were you?!?!?" Niall demanded.

"Are you kidding me?" I said as I sat my bags down next to the oak dresser.

"Yes, Scarlett. Where the hell were you?" Niall stood up.

"I could ask you the same thing!" I sighed, "Okay fine. I went shopping and bought a dress for your fathers wedding. Is that alright?!" I asked.

His face softened, "Look, I know I am being an ass. Its just my dad-" I tuned him out as I looked on the floor behind him. There was an empty whiskey bottle. "What the-" I looked at Niall, "Are you drunk?!"

His hiccup answered my question, "That's besides the point." I stepped closer. I could now smell the whiskey on his breath. "Niall."

"Scarlett, God just stop." He threw his hands in the air. I didn't want to fight but I had to say how I felt.

"Is this how its going to be?!" I demanded.

"Is what?" He glared.

"Us." I said. "We're getting married. I don't want to have to fight all the time with you. I get that you're mad about me making plans with your dad but-"

"No you don't." He growled.

"What?"

"You don't get it Scarlett. I hate my dad."

"Why?"

"Just drop it." He walked over to the bed.

"NO!" I screamed. He watched me. "Don't you dare shut me out, Niall James Horan!!!! I don't know what I did wrong because I don't understand you, make me understand!" Tears came to my eyes.

Niall stayed silent. "Niall, I don't know what you want from me. I know its hard to let people in. Believe me, I know its hard." I sat by him on the bed.

I closed my eyes, "I haven't let anyone in before I met you.  I missed my first kiss because of that reason. I was scared to love anyone because I was worried they'd leave me, because it seems everyone I have ever cared about has left me all alone."

"I don't want to keep you out Scarlett," Niall said softly, "I have never been great at letting people in because of Holly and my dad."

"Why?"

"There is a reason why I hate my dad. He set me up with Holly. He was drinking buddies with her dad. I was fourteen years old when I first met her. I fell in love instantly. We finally broke up when I was seventeen. She broke my heart, " He continued, "She's the reason why I don't open to anyone. Holly came over to my house one night, and she told me she couldn't see us together. She didn't want a future with me because she said I belong in her past."

"I am so sorry."

"My dad was so pissed when he found out we broke up. He threw a bottle at my head and beat the crap out of me. He blamed me for our breakup. I want to let you in Scarlett but I just cant its so hard too."

"I get it." I said. He looked over at me, "Really?"

I nodded, " But you have to let your walls down sometimes."

"I know I do. I'm not that drunk by the way." He said. I shook my head and smiled.

"I like this." He said.

"Like what?"

"Being open and honest, I know its not much but I am trying."

I smiled at him, "And that's all I could have ask for."

He leaned over and kissed me. It was sweet and slow.

"You should get some rest.' I told him.

"You're right." WE stood up, he kicked off his shoes and took off his shirt. I had to force myself to look away from Niall's perfect body. I walked over to the blinds and closed them. I heard the bed squeak from under him.

I turned and faced him, "Goodnight."

I smiled and headed towards the door.

 "Wait." He called.

I turned around, "Yes?"

"Will you lay with me?" I nodded and took off my shoes. I slid my skirt off and threw on a pair of yoga pants and a pink tank top. I walked over to the bed and threw the blankets open and crawled in next to him

He put his arm around me, my head rested on his chest. "You smell like whiskey." I giggled.

He laughed, "I know, I'll take a shower later. I love you Scarlett, so much."

"I love you more." He planted a kiss on my forehead. He finally let me in. I snuggled even closer. I slowly dazed off in the safest place in the world. In my drunkish, Irish, loving, handsome, Mr. Know It all fiancée's arms.

(Hey guys!!!! I hope you enjoyed the chapter!!! Now I really need your help. WHO SHOULD BE SCARLETT!!?!?!?! Please help me, I have no idea. Thank you so much fro reading! You guys are simply amaZAYN!!! Please comment and vote!!!

Love you all,

xxx Tia)