Chapter 6

*Edited*

The smell of rain flooded my nose, intoxicating me.I smiled to myself, the rain had always calmed me down. 

But why did it smell like rain on the plane?

My back lost all  comfort of padded seating, it felt like I was on the ground.

My eye snapped open, I felt gravel underneath my palms as I sat up. 

I was no longer on the plane. I was alone, sitting in the middle of a road. 

"Niall?" I yelled. 

No response, what the hell was going on?

I heard the screeching of tires against the pavement, I ran to the side of the road, then I saw headlights. 

The car started swerving in and out of it's lane. My heart started racing, I tried to retrieve my phone out of my pocket, so I could call the police before anyone got hurt. But my pockets were empty, I frantically began searching the ground around me, in case I dropped it.  I saw another pair of lights, the swerving jeep was moving closer in on the small one.  

"STOP!" I screamed at the smaller car. "PLEASE!"

But it was too late. 

The jeep crashed head on into the other car.

It felt like everything had stopped, the only sound I could hear was my heart pounding. My only instinct was to run towards the mess of cars. 

I looked into the black Jeep and the driver was slumped over the wheel, "Sir!" 

He didn't budge, I leaned his bloody body back against the seat, and I checked his pulse. Nothing. 

"Oh God."

 I hurried to the other car, and all the air escaped my lungs. I felt a unearthly scream leave  my mouth, in the front seat, I saw the disfigured faces of my parents. Tears burned my eyes, "SOMEONE HELP!" 

I tried pulling on the door handle, but it wouldn't budge, I began sobbing. This wasn't happening. 

I was at the scene of the crash, this had to be a nightmare. If my parents were in the front that meant my little brother was in the back. "FINN!" I pounded on the window, he had cuts all over and he was slumped. I noticed his chest falling and rising slowly. He was alive.

I began struggling again with the door handle, again no luck. I heard sirens in the distance but when I looked at Finn again, he was no longer moving.