Chapter 24

Niall's POV

I miss Scarlett so much, I can't stand being away from her. And the fact she is working for Liam Payne is even worse. 

I know who he is. He was one of my best students. And Scarlett would be working with him. Now, I ma going to admit he is good looking that also very worry some. But I need to have faith in Scarlett as she has in me. 

I sat on my bed thinking of what she is doing now. The door flew open, Theo ran in laughing, he tugged on my shirt, "Uncle Niall, come on! Let's go play!!!" He smiled. 

I nodded and left my phone on the dresser and followed him downstairs. Denise was in my dad's kitchen, he still wasn't back from his honeymoon. 

"Hey Niall and Theo, where are you going?" She asked as she took a sup of her drink. 

"Soccer!" Theo cried. 

"Is that alright?" I asked. Denise smiled and nodded, "Greg should be home soon."

. . . . 

Hours later, Theo and I came in. We were sweaty. 

"We have you been? Its been almost four hours?" Denise asked. 

"WE played soccer for three hours and we were sitting on the curb eating ice cream!" Theo smiled. 

"Niall, you know the rules, no dessert before dinner."

I walked over to her and kissed her cheek, "Sorry. Won't happen again."

"Good. Boys go wash up Dinner is nearly read. Oh and Niall?" I stopped from walking to the bathroom after Theo. 

"Yes?"

"Your phone has been going off like crazy. You might want to go check it." My heart dropped, Scarlett.

I dashed upstairs and into my room. I grabbed my phone and my heart sank to my ass. Five missed calls, twenty new text messages. I listened to the voice mails, three of them were from Scarlett making sure I was okay and the next two scared me to death. 

"Niall?!?!" Christy's panicked voice came on, "This is Christy, Scarlett's aunt. There is something wrong. The roads are flooded and I am stuck over at my mom's till god knows when. I am worried about Scarlett, will you call her to make sure she is alright?"

Floods? I went to the next one from Christy, "Niall?!?!?!?! Have you got a hold of Scarlett, my calls keep going to voice mail, I am extremely worried!!!" I dropped my phone. 

"DENISE!!!!!! I need you to take me to the airport!!" I grabbed my leather jacket, I didn't care if I smelled, she needed me. 

. . . . .

Scarlett POV

I woke up on the floor, I was still under the table. I crawled out from under the table and walked outside. 

It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. Fences were bown down and tree was struck by lightning but that was it. 

The sun was shining, it seemed to say, Now that hell has froze over enjoy this.

Mother Nature was a hoe. 

I needed to get ready for work, now that the roads were drivible. Even though I am going to be late. I would have texted Liam and told him I was going to be late but my phone died, i guess i will have to charge it on my way to work.

I showered, straightened my hair, did my makeup and got dressed in a white and watermelon dress. I threw on white heels and grabbed my white handbag from Target. 

I grabbed a protein bar and headed to work.

. . . 

As soon as I made it up to Liam's and I's office. He was sitting in my chair eyes closed. 

"Liam?" I asked. They opened in an instant. "Hey, I didn't think you would show."

"I know I am late, it was kind of a rough night" I said as I walked over to the desk. 

"I can tell. Are you okay? You look like you haven't gotten any sleep."

"I got some." I said. 

"How much is some?" He asked, his brown eyes focused on me. 

"An hour or two." I said. 

"You need to rest." Liam said. 

"I have to work." I shook my head. "No. Follow me." Liam led me into his office. It was defintly modern. it had a great view of the Space Needle.

"Lie down." He pointed at a grey couch in the corner. "Liam i need to work."

"Scarlett as your boss, I am ordering you to lie down. No one will come in here except me. Please just lay down."

"Fine, only an hour." I gave in. He nodded, he walked over to his desk and pulled a blanket out of thin air. 

"Why?" I asked. As I sat on the couch. 

"Sometimes,  I have to stay the night here." He informed me. 

"Oh." I said. Liam layed the blanket, and smiled, "Get some rest please, then I can die a hero." He smiled as he walked out and shut the door behind him. 

I closed my eyes and drifted into a dreamless sleep. 

I awoke later, I stretched my arms and looked out the windows, it was nearly dark. I jumped up and looked over at the clock, it was nearly eight, I had been asleep for 12 hours. 

I folded up the blanket and put my shoes on. I looked in the mirror and saw that I had cried in my sleep. That never happens. 

I wiped away the tears and fixed my messy hair. I walked out of Liam's office shortly after. Liam was at my desk . Throwing paper wads into the trashcan. "Goal!" He yelled when he made it in. As soon as the door closed behind me his head whipped in my direction.

He smiled, "Hey sleepy head."

"Liam, you let me sleep for twelve hours!" I said. 

"You really needed sleep. Plus did you know you drooled in your sleep?" He asked. 

"Omigosh" My face turned red, "I am sorry."

He laughed, "Don't worry about it! Anyway, want dinner?" he asked. 

My stomach growled, "I guess so." 

"Come on, I know the perfect spot."

. . . . 

We ended up eating in a diner that served amazing burgers. I drove home soon after. 

I walked through the front door, and dropped my keys into the dish by the front door. 

"Scar?!" Christy asked. 

"Who else!" I walked into the kitchen to see Christy wide eyed. And a blonde head turned revealing, my fiancee.

"Niall?"