Chapter 3

*Edited*

"Wow. That's crazy. This is all so--" Tracey said as she tried to piece together everything that was happening. We walked along the beach we used to play at when we were younger. All the bonfires and parties we went to here, it all lingered.

"Crazy?" I filled in.

She nodded, "I mean first, you began an affair-"

"Ugh, that sounds so dirty. I know it was an affair but can we call it something else? Like an interaction?"

"Okay, okay. Anyway, you began a interaction with our student teacher, then you got caught, the whole legal battle began, and Niall was then deported, graduation, and finally he proposed? And to top it all off, you are heading to Ireland to meet his family?" Tracey sat down on the ground.

I followed her lead.

"Yeah. I don't know if I am crazy or just-"

"You're crazy." 

I smiled as I looked ahead at the tide that came rushing in. I sighed, I was nervous to meet Niall's family. 

"Are you okay? Just nervous?"

"Could I ask you something? And please be honest." I looked at her.

"Yeah of course." 

"Do you think I am making a mistake?" I asked.

"What do you mean?"

"Marrying Niall. Be honest please, we have been friends for awhile. And everytime we talk about Niall or me gettting married, you tense up and get all passive aggressive." I said. " And I want you to be honest with me. You are my best friend, hell, you are pretty much my only friend."

She sighed, "Yes. Kind of. I don't know. If you'll let me explain."

I nodded. "I mean, I just planned on us going to school together, hooking up with older guys and now that you are getting married all of those plans are just going away." I smiled as I looked into her eyes. 

"You do realize, I am sort of hooking up with an older guy."

She chuckled, "Right, you are. But I just had this future for us planned."

I put my arm around, "I know, me too. Things change."

She sighed, "Yeah. But I do want you to be happy. And if that is Niall, I'll be sitting in the front row of your wedding supporting you on this."

"Now, why would my best friend be sitting in the front row when she should be standing next to me? I guess if you want to sit there, fine. I'll have to look for a new maid of honor." I pulled away from her.

"Stop right there. I would love to be your maid of honor, if that's okay."

"I wouldn't want anyone else."

. . . . . . 

 After the heart to heart, I found myself knocking on the old familiar apartment door. Butterflies filled my stomach and my heart was racing.

The door opened, revealing Niall, he had a giant grin plastered on his face, "Hey."

"Hi." I blushed. 

"Please, do come in." He held the door open, I kissed his cheek as I passed by, "You look very nice. I love the hat, does the S stand for Scarlett?" I grabbed the navy blue hat from the top of his head and admired it.

"I would love to say yes, but sadly it's for Seattle."

"Well then, I am disappointed." I walked over to his couch and lounged out on it.