Chapter 36

I stood there frozen. "Nan, how about you go freshen up."

She smiled at Niall, "I think I will. Where is it my boy?"

"Down the hall and to the left." Niall smiled.

As soon as I heard the door close, I whirled on Niall, "your whole family?!" I whispered angrily.

Niall took me by the shoulders, "If you don't want to meet them. I'll tell them you aren't feeling well."

"Niall, do you know how bad that sounds?!? I can't do that!" I said. "I don't mind that I am meeting your family but I would have liked a heads up."

He sighed, "I know. I'm sorry." I heard the sink go off.

"Well, this would have had to happen anyway." I sighed. He smiled, "Did I mention how much I love you."

. . . . 

We walked into the local Olive Garden. Niall's Nan walking in front of us. Niall held my hand, "Breathe, Scar."

I couldn't breathe, I was so nervous and I had no idea how to calm my nerves. Niall squeezed my hand.

"Niall get over here!" His Nan called. Niall smiled at me and we walked over to a giant table.

"Niall!" The table said in unison. "Hey guys! This is my beautiful bride to be, Scar." Niall ushered to me.

The table of people bursted into smiles. A man with thinning hair stood up and came over to me, he hugged me taking me by surprise. "I'm Niall's Uncle Richard."

"Its nice to meet you." I pulled away, Niall's uncle had brown eyes.

"Oh and this is my wife, Dora." He ushered to a middle aged woman with dark Brown hair and silver eyes.

"Hello." She hugged me, "I never really got your name."

"Scarlett." I smiled. She pulled away, "Really?! That's a beautiful name. That was my grandmother's name."

"That's soo amazing!" I exclaimed.

Dora looked over at Niall, "I think I am going to like her a lot."

Niall smiled, "me too."

. . . .  .

After hours of meeting uncles, aunts, cousins, nephews, nieces, and other relatives, Niall and I were sitting at the end of the table, Greg and Denise sat next to us along with Theo.

"So," Denise smiled at me. "How's last minute arrangements for the wedding?"

"Wonderful." I smiled.

"I miss my wedding." Denise told Greg. Greg smiled and returned to talking to Niall about futbol standings.

"Do you like America?" I asked.

"Yeah, its very different though. Lots more fast food than Ireland." She said.

"Tell me about it." I agreed.

"Niall seems very excited to move back home." Denise said.

"What?" I said.

"He didn't tell you?" Denise asked. I shook my head.

"Niall!!" She exclaimed. Niall looked at us, "Yes?"

"You didn't tell her about the house in Mullingar?" Her words stunned me.

Niall's face dropped, "Not yet, I was going to."

I starred at him in disbelief. Don't cause a scene, I told myself.