3. I Met Him

"I can't believe this actually happened."

•••

Avelyn.

We no longer sat on the bench waiting for the show but now in line to meet him. Had I known I was meeting him I would've worn something different or fixed my makeup a little. I was nervous, what would I say? I've waited for this moment for the past 4 years and now that it's here I don't know what to do.

"Hey you good Avelyn?" My friend Jamie asked.

I snapped out of my daze and looked at her, "Hmm?"

"You zoned out on me, what's going through your mind?" She asked.

I sighed, "I don't know I mean I'm drawing a blank. I am so happy but nervous and wish I had more time to plan this." I laughed.

She smiled, "You'll be fine Avelyn, you've dreamt of this moment for the past four years. Just be yourself." She told me.

(Sorry if this isn't how things go if you've met him, I've never met him so I'm making it up as I go hehe)

I nodded and just then they opened the door for VIP. They allowed us in and first in was Platinum. Then when we got in we got our laminates after our VIP tickets got checked. They gave us wristbands as well.

I started to feel really nervous, my stomach felt knotted. I took deep breaths as I tried to calm my nerves. Jamie and I took pictures at this cute little setting they had up. It was a chair with the illuminate album art and a guitar.

We then got to go into the famous museum. We got to see fan art, clothes from certain music videos, awards. And as we walked through it was technically a line to meet him. Some girls in front of me managed to stay extremely calm and others were nervous as well.

"Hey if you want I'll go first, you'll be fine Ave." Jaime reassured me.

I nodded and let go of the breath I never knew I was holding. After a few minutes we seemed to get closer and closer. This was it, now or never. God I think I was going to puke. I hope I don't puke on him, or cry.

I was pulled out of my thoughts when I heard someone say, "Next."

It was Shawn's bodyguard and he was talking to me. I was the last girl. Okay Avelyn you can do this, he's a normal person. A normal really attractive goofy person who you know a lot about and have admired from afar for four years.

I took a deep breath and walked through the curtains. There he stood saying bye to Jaime as she left. She looked behind and gave me a wink. He was laughing to his friend Brian who was in the room as well.

He then looked over in my direction and I swear my heart stopped and jumped at the same time. Was that even possible? He took a moment before shaking his head and smiling.

"Hey hun." Was the first thing he said.

I slowly but surely made my way towards him, "Hi." I managed to get out.

I didn't even think it was physically possible to even talk. But there I was saying a pathetic hi to my freaking idol. I did not wait four years to look dumb or waste my time with him.