26. John Mayer Concert

"It's crazy to be at a concert with someone you've always wanted to see in concert."

•••

Avelyn.

I couldn't tell who I was more excited to see Shawn when I was seeing him for the first time. Or John Mayer today with Shawn. I mean that's crazy, I'm not big fan like Shawn but I like John's music especially his latest album. And I mean it's John freaking Mayer, and I get to meet him.

It reminds me of the day I met Shawn, how things went. How insane it was to meet him and then see him perform. I was doing all of that and I had a little convo with him. It was going to be a surreal moment and I couldn't wait for it.

"Avelyn are you ready? You know we're supposed to be there soon right?" I heard Shawn call from outside the guest room.

I had picked out that a white camisole with ripped jeans. I topped it off with this cute leather jacket I bought while here. It had flower embroidered on it which I loved.

I grabbed my bag after grabbing my jacket, "Okay."

I then headed out of the room and I seen Shawn wearing a whole black outfit. From his shoes, jeans, black tshirt and then his oh wait for it black jean jacket.

"Wow Shawn and here I thought this year we were reaching for other colors."  I told him as we started to leave out of his condo.

"Hey I was colorful for the past few days." He defended himself.

I shook my head, "Yeah glad that lasted long."

We then got into his Jeep as he drove towards the arena. I was going to be sad in two days when I leave. I mean I really fell in love with Toronto, then again I've only been to a few places in my life I have to say Toronto is amazing.

I looked outside the window as we drove by everyone and everything. Taking in as much as I could god I felt as if I would never be back. Or that it would disappear forever.

"You're awfully quiet." I heard Shawn say.

I looked over at him and he had his shades on covering his eyes. Though by his smile I could imagine how they looked.

"Sorry just trying to take in as much of Toronto I can. Why'd you convince me to come? I love it here so much I might cry on my flight home." I joked.

He chuckled, "Well maybe it's so you can come back. You know and not go so long without seeing each other."

"You make it sound as if I live so far, I just live in New York Shawn." I told him.

He nodded, "Yeah but I'm not always home."

That made me sad, but I also knew not to be because he loved what he does. If he didn't then he wouldn't be going on tour so fast. But it made my heart ache for his family, who I have had the pleasure of meeting.

"Well ya know if you're ever on tour and need someone to house sit then I'm not that far. And I love this city so it's not like it would be horrible, and your sister is so fun to be around." I told him.

He laughed, "Ill keep that in mind but you're still coming on tour with me right?"

"Yes Shawn I'm still going." I confirmed.