15. Video

"Lets make the last day count."

•••

Avelyn.

Today was the last day Shawn was going to be in San Francisco. I felt sad I mean not much happened over the last three days but I still had fun. We hung out with the band and everyone and just enjoyed our time.

I felt like Shawn and I got closer than the texts. I mean we were ourselves and nothing ever got awkward. Then we went to the little show and it was amazing as always. I hated goodbyes especially when it came to Shawn.

I mean I've seen him grow into the person he is. I got close on a friendship level and it's unreal to know I might not see him for months. He'll be back on tour and miles and miles away. Jeez now I knew what his friends and family must've felt, to know he'd be on the road for so long.

So I decided to make today count the most. By doing something in my comfort zone.

•••

ShawnMendes

Hey what are you
doing today?
12:07 pm

Uh I don't know yet,
pack then maybe walk
around the city why?
12:09 pm

Well I know after this
you'll be headed home
for two months before
heading on with the rest
of the tour. So I wanted
to make the best of the
time we have now.
12:10 pm

Okay what did you
have in mind?
12:11 pm

Do you mind being in
one of my YouTube
videos?
12:12 pm

No not at all, I mean
wait what kind of video?
12:13 pm

I was thinking the what's
in my mouth challenge? I
mean we can go to target
and buy some stuff.
12:14 pm

Uh that sounds kind
of weird but yeah sure.
I'll pick you up in 10.
12:15 pm

Okay see you then!
12:16 pm

•••

I waited for Shawn to text me when he pulled up to the hotel. Jaime said she was going down to the beach. Apparently Matt and Brian along with Charlie were going down.

I trusted all of them to look after my best friend so I decided to stay. That's when the idea of filming a video with Shawn came to my mind. I was currently waiting downstairs in the lobby.

"Oh my god, are you Avelyn?" I heard a girl ask.

I looked up from my phone and seen two girls about my age standing in front of me. I smiled at them and nodded.

"The one and only." I smiled.

"Can we get a picture?" The other girl asked.

I nodded before standing, "Of course love."

I took individual pictures with both girls before a group one. That one we needed a stranger to take for us.