5. Mystery

"Very vague tweets."

•••

Avelyn.

I woke up the day after the concert with no voice. I literally screamed so loud, I've never lost my voice before. I got up and took a shower before walking into my kitchen ready to start the day.

I put my cute kettle on so I could make myself some tea for my throat. As I waited I went back to my room to grab my laptop and camera. I sat on my living room couch and started to transfer my videos to my laptop.

I was planning on editing my vlog from yesterday so I could post it today. I heard my kettle whistling so I got up and poured water into my mug and added a tea bag to it and added sugar. I took it and went to go sit back on my couch.

I took a sip of the drink before putting my headphones in and went to work. It must've taken me a good three hours before it was done and ready to upload. I scrolled through my twitter feed when I seen a notification pop up.

Shawn Mendes tweeted

I clicked on it and read to see what he said. Probably something to do with last nights show.

Shawn Mendes @ShawnMendes
I don't even know your name.
7/16/17, 2:10 PM
🔁 27,560  ❤️ 306,728

Hmm, I found the tweet odd. I mean it's just lyrics but it's not like it's a recently made song. He still sings in at his concerts, maybe I thought too much into it. I clicked off of his tweet and decided it was time I posted my vlog.

Avelyn Winter @avewinter
Illuminate concert vlog is going up in 5 can't wait to share my experience with you all💓
7/16/17, 2:12 pm
🔁 1,283  ❤️ 2,848

I got flooded with notifications, so many people happy about seeing it. I then grabbed my computer and started to upload my video. I sighed and put down my computer and went to my kitchen.

I cleaned my cup after I finished and thought about what I wanted to eat. Ugh nothing here looked good, takeout sounded good. I then grabbed my phone and decided to text Jaime.

To Jaime🌷:
Hey wanna come over? I'm bored and lost my voice.

It literally didn't take long for Jaime to answer for she's glued to her phone. The minute she doesn't answer fast I know she's either mad at me or something's wrong.

From Jaime🌷:
Yeah sure thing.

To Jaime🌷:
Bring takeout! I'll pay you when you get here :)

From Jaime🌷:
Okay lmao be there soon.

I smiled at how my best friend was literally the best. I walked back over to my couch and scrolled on my social media. I was looking and liking some of the tag edits, posts, and tweets from my concert vlog.

A lot of people saying how they shipped Shawn and I. I laughed at how nice they were but it was crazy. He has millions of followers, fans, I'm just another face in the crowd.

I continued to scroll through my feed and like more posts. I then started to get tagged on other posts of people reacting to me liking their post. They were so cute but I didn't see why it was a big deal. I mean yeah I am somewhat big on YouTube but I'm a normal person as well. Just like them actually.

Shawn Mendes Tweeted

I clicked on the blue ribbon at the bottom of my twitter.

Shawn Mendes @ShawnMendes
I forget all the faces except one.
7/16/17, 2:58 PM
🔁 23,638  ❤️16,839

What was up with him and this song? I mean why those certain lyrics of the song. Had he met someone? I scrolled through the responses and seen a lot of people either finishing the lyrics or asking if it was for them.

I then heard my doorbell ring, I put my phone down and walked over towards the door. I opened it to find Jaime in the doorway with the takeout. My stomach then growled at the sight and smell of it.

"I brought food!" She said happily as she walked past me.

I locked the door behind me and followed her, "yay, I'm starving." I whispered.

My throats still hurt and I could hardly speak but when I did it would come out softly and scratchy. I walked over and gave her a fork as we took the food to my living room.

"So have you seen Shawn's tweets?" She asked me as we began to eat.

I nodded my head in response, "I mean they're lyrics and he's done it before but not with a song with a certain meaning behind it." She said before taking another bite of her food.

I shrugged and continued to eat my food before receiving another post notification from Shawn's twitter. I grabbed my phone and looked at my lock screen to see what it said.

Shawn Mendes Tweeted:
Why didn't I ask for your name last night?

"Shit! He's been indirecting a fan with those tweets." Jaime said as she looked at her phone.

Shawn met quite a few people last night it would be kind of hard to find them. I mean social media wise especially when he gets lots of notifications and has millions of followers.

"Imagine if it was one of us he was talking about? I mean I wouldn't say anything because I'm dating Leo but ya know. We were there and we did meet him." She informed me.

I shook the thought of it possibly being one of us. Luck like that didn't happen to me, I mean yeah I won m&g yesterday but that was a day ago. It wouldn't be possible for me to have it a few days in a row.

I just shrugged it off and put my phone down. Jaime continued to talk about other stuff considering I couldn't talk as much. And I tried to focus on everything she was telling me but my mind kept wandering and imagining if it was me.

What if?

Authors Note//
Sucky filler chapter I know sorry
Let me know what you think
Until Next Time Peace Lovelies✌🏼💚