22. Wishes

"It's not exactly what I wished for but it sure was better."

•••

Avelyn.

I had managed to fall sleep at 10 last night and yes I know I said we'd be up all night. It wasn't a lie, we were for the past two days and last night was the one night we all got shut eye. Especially when we were still going to be here for the next few days.

Though I didn't get much shut eye because I woke up to jumping on my bed. I woke up to see Jaime and Camila jumping on my bed.

"Happy birthday Avelyn!" They both said simultaneously.

I laughed at how silly they were, I sat up and rubbed my eyes. The sun was barley coming up so I know it must've been around five or six. God them and their waking up early.

"Why so early?" I asked laughing a little.

"Because you're the one that said we only get tiny naps and well we let you sleep in a little because it's your birthday." Jaime told me.

I rolled my eyes, "Wow how kind of you."

Just then our bedroom door opened and in walked Shawn with a lit up birthday cake. Everyone else followed behind while singing happy birthday. I felt my face flush and I smiled so big it started to hurt my cheeks. They set the plate on my lap and finished their singing.

"Make a wish." Shawn told me.

I thought about it for a few seconds before blowing out the candles. They all clapped before getting out because the room wasn't that big.

"Let me get dressed and I'll meet you guys out there." I told them before shutting the door.

I then walked to my suitcase and grabbed a bathing suit and this cute romper cover up. I took it to the bathroom where I freshened up before putting it on. I figured if we were going to be on the beach till dinner then I shouldn't take a shower just yet.

Once I was ready for the day I walked out of the room. I seen everyone else in their beach wear as they stood around with pieces of cake. Yup cake for breakfast. Shawn walked over towards me with a plate that had a slice of cake on it.

"Happy birthday best friend." He told me as he handed it over towards me.

I took it from him and laughed, "Why thank you best friend."

He then gave me a side hug so I wouldn't drop the cake. Once we finished up we headed down to the beach. It was a lot of fun, we had music playing and we barbecued outside for lunch.

We played volleyball which was a lot of fun. Then of course the guys were diving into the ocean. This guy had came by and offered to teach us snorkeling and learn how to surf. We of course took the opportunity and payed him for all of us to learn.

It was fun to see what was under us in the water. Of course I'm not a big fan of open water, in fact it's a big fear of mine. Like you will not catch me dead out there I'll cry. But because we weren't that far out into sea it wasn't so bad.

I had went out with Lauren, Jaime, and Zoë. When we got back we seen Alex, Alfie, Matt, Brian, and Mike learning how to surf. Everyone else was playing a little game of volleyball. It was Camila and Shawn on one team and Zubin, Eddy, and Dave on the other. Not even but it didn't matter to them it was all just fun.