36. Sick

"Things just got bad."

•••

Avelyn

It was our last day in Australia and it was bitter sweet. Just like when we left New Zealand but I spent so much time in Australia. Especially with Shawn, there was just something memorable about being here.

"Ugh I don't want to leave." I told Shawn as we walked along the water of the beach.

He chuckled, "Yeah I love coming here."

I looked over at him, "We get it Shawn you've been here before."

"Oh I wasn't saying that to rub it in I was just-" Shawn rambled.

"Shawn chill I was joking I obviously know you've been here before." I cut him off and explained.

He chuckled, "Right."

"Jeez Mendes It's like we never met, don't you know me at all?" I asked.

He rolled his eyes, "Like id ever forget you- I mean like how you talk and your personality you're kind of hard to forget."

"You're so cute when you stumble on your words." I told him.

I looked up at him and seen his already pink face turn a little red. This boy literally needs sunscreen every ten minutes. But when I seen him a little red it was kind of cute.

"Well we should go get lunch, our last lunch in Australia." Shawn said.

I nodded, "Wow I love those words."

"What words?" He asked me.

I laughed, "Go get lunch."

He laughed as he draped his arm around my shoulders. I wrapped my arm around his waist as we walked towards where all of the guys were. When we got there we told them we we're going to lunch.

We all then left to the hotels restaurant after getting ready. Once I was done I walked out of my room and seen Shawn leaning against the wall. He looked up towards me and stood up straighter.

"So what do you think?" I asked as I twirled in my pink floral sundress.

My hair was down in curls and with my white strapped sandals. He looked me up and down before his eyes met mine. His mouth was a little opened but nothing came out.

"Shawn?" I asked.

"Oh..uh..you look gorgeous." He told me.

I felt heat rise to my cheeks, "Why thank you."

"We should get going before the team eats and leaves us here." Shawn joked.

I nodded, "Yes and I'm starving. Don't get in the way of me and food, it's not a pretty picture."

We then walked towards the elevator and got in. Shawn and I entered the elevator and went down to the main floor. Once we got to the bottom we walked towards the restaurant and seen the guys.

"Well finally, now I don't want to know what took you both so long." Ian said.

"What? We didn't...I was just waiting." Shawn said fast trying to set things straight.

We all then started laughing at how red Shawn got. He then started to feel embarrassed because he kept running his hand through his hair.

"Okay can we just hurry up and eat?" Shawn asked as he walked towards the hostess.

She lead us over to our table where we all sat around. Shawn sat next to me though and on my other side was Ian. We all shared funny stories that have happened on tour so far reminiscing in the memories. They even told me of one's I missed on the Europe leg of tour and North American leg.

By the time our food got to us my sides hurt and there was literal tears in my eyes. I wiped them away as they placed our food right in front of us.

"Okay we get it, I get reminded all the time of me tripping by my fans. So funny we get it." Shawn said sounding annoyed.

I laughed and took his hand in mine, "Aww Shawn it's okay we still love you, it's just one of your songs coming to life. You know tripping over yourself."

"Ha ha so funny." He said but after he squeezed my hand.

We then started to eat and it all smelled so delicious and the taste was even better.

"Okay you have to try this!" Shawn told me as he mixed his pasta.

It had a little greenish sauce on it but it smelled pretty good. They could've added kale or something to the sauce. I laughed and took my fork and a little bit of it and ate it.

I savored the flavor before I finished chewing it, "Oh my goodness this tastes-"

I then started to feel an itch in my throat. I grabbed my water and took a sip from it. But it wasn't helping, my lips then started to tingle. I started to feel hot and I kept coughing.

"Avelyn are you okay?" Shawn asked sounding concerned.

I shook my head for I couldn't even talk. I felt my throat started to swell, I then remembered the similar feeling from years ago. I was having and allergic reaction but I'm only allergic to one thing. Broccoli, I would always get sick when I was smaller, the hospital was like a second home at the time.

"Uh Avelyn your lips are red and you look pale, are you allergic to something?" Zubin asked.

I nodded my head quickly, everyone then stood up and helped me.

"I'll call an ambulance." Andrew said.

I started to feel itchy and there was a sharp pain in my stomach. It hurt and I felt like I couldn't breathe.

"They said to meet at the front so it's quicker." Andrew told us.

Shawn helped me walk but my legs gave out, he then picked me up. He carried me bridal style out of the restaurant and towards the lobby of the hotel. Each second that past my throat swelled and my stomach hurt.

"Come on Ave, everything's going to be fine. Fuck I'm so sorry, this is all my fault." He said feeling guilty.

I wanted nothing more than to tell him it wasn't his fault. He didn't know, I should've asked before I tried his food anyways. I mean I haven't had an allergic reaction since I was like 8. And well ten years later you kind of forget after not eating that food for so long.

Just then I heard the ambulance siren get closer until Shawn took us outside. I was then set on a stretcher and a bright light was in my eye. Everything was going so fast that everything was a blur. Then every noise was muffled as if I had ear plugs and couldn't hear.

They then checked my mouth before putting me in the ambulance. No one had entered the ambulance with me because they weren't family. Not even in a relationship with Shawn so he still couldn't come in.

Though knowing Shawn he wouldn't be too far behind. It was so chaotic especially in the ambulance when they tried to slow down the reaction.

When did this past week go from amazing to bad?

Authors Note//
Wow I'm on a roll with these updates
Let me know what you think
Until Next Time Peace Lovelies✌🏼💚