12. San Francisco

"Same place at the same time, guess that means it's fate."

•••

Avelyn.

"Are we there already?" I heard Jaime ask sleepily.

I looked over at her as she stretched in her seat, "The pilot said it's about another 15 minutes but yeah."

I looked back out the window and watched the clouds. I seen the ocean come into view and I couldn't wait to go on the piers and Golden Gate Bridge. I was so excited to see the golden city.

Jaime and I waited a full two months for this trip. She slept the whole plane ride over but I couldn't bring myself to sleep. I loved plane rides, especially if I had the window view. I took a few pictures with my camera and I couldn't wait to take more.

We arrived at the airport safely, luckily for Jaime and I we only had carry on luggage. So we didn't have to go to baggage claim but we did need to call a uber. We had booked a hotel near the city to stay in and we decided it would be cool if we could walk around.

"They said they'll be here in 20 minutes and I'm starving." Jaime complained.

I laughed as we walked towards the food court of the airport, "Maybe we can just get something to eat here. I see a Panera bread right there."

"Oh yes! That sounds amazing." She replied before her stomach growled.

We stood in line and waited so that we could order food. Just then There's Nothing Holdin Me Back began to play. Jaime looked over at me and wiggled her eyebrows.

"Oh stop." I told her as I crossed my arms.

She chuckled, "How long has it been now? Two months of you two talking?"

I rolled my eyes, "No like two and a half."

"Well sorry about that, so when are y'all going to make it official?" She asked.

We walked forward, "Jaime, we said we'd be friends and that's what we are. Plus we've only met once that doesn't scream relationship goals to me."

"Okay I'll give it another month." She commented.

I shook my head at how funny she was being, "Whatever helps you sleep at night Jaime."

We walked forward and we ordered our food. Once we bought it and ate our uber was waiting for us. We went out and found them, they helped us with our luggage before we got in.

They drove in the direction of our hotel and Jaime was stuck looking out the window. My phone then buzzed, I unlocked it and felt a smile form on my face.

•••

ShawnMendes

Good afternoon Avelyn,
what's on the agenda
for today?
1:17 pm

Well hello there Shawn,
uh just sight seeing and
relaxing.
1:19 pm

That sounds exciting,
I might actually use
my day off to do that
as well.
1:22 pm