30. Awkward

"Why is this so awkward?"

•••

Avelyn

"Charlie, hi come on in." I said a little awkwardly.

He walked in before I closed the door and looked to see him look at Shawn. Charlie glanced at me before looking at Shawn.

"Hey buddy what are you doing here?" Charlie asked Shawn.

Shawn smiled, "Well I knew Avelyn was alone for Thanksgiving and made a surprise visit. What are you doing here?"

God this was fucking awkward, it's like if you were dating two guys at once. Then they meet and you're there standing awkward and guilty. Though then again I'm not dating either of them and have no reason to feel guilty.

"Doing the same thing except it wasn't a surprise." Charlie told him.

Shawn then looked at me, "Well now that you're here Shawn had brought some food so no need to leave."

"Oh were you two going to go out?" Shawn asked.

I turned to him and shook my head, "No."

"Yes." Charlie said.

I looked from Charlie then to Shawn, "Well yes we were going to go out to eat but that was it. But since you brought food there's no need."

Charlie then nodded and went along with what I was saying. Shawn then walked over and grabbed his coat.

"Well I mean I should've called or texted. I'm sorry if I ruined your evening." He told us.

I started to panic a little, why was he leaving? Was he upset with me? Just the thought hurt because Shawn is the best person I've ever met. And to know he was my best friend and he was upset would kill me.

"Wait...no uh it's great. I mean to have both of my friends here for thanksgiving it means a lot. Plus it's not like Charlie and I would be alone because Jaime is coming over soon. So it's a big friends thanksgiving." I said trying to get him to stop.

"Yeah I mean come on Shawn we went on the road together. Stay we both came to be with Avelyn plus you flew in." Charlie told Shawn helping me out a little.

I looked over at him and smiled before looking back at Shawn. I intertwined my hands and pouted pleading Shawn not to go. He looked at me and smiled before putting down his jacket.

"Okay I'll stay." He told me.

I smiled before hugging him, "Thank you."

Charlie cleared his throat which caused me to pull away from Shawn. I looked over at him and he smiled while holding a plate of food.

"I need to heat this up." He told me.

I laughed, "Okay well I guess I can help."

I walked over and put his plate in the microwave. I put on the time and pressed the start button. Just then there was a knock on the door, thank goodness.

"That is Jaime!" I said excitedly.

I practically ran over to the door and opened it. Jaime stood their in a big coat with a bag in her hand.