The Yule Ball

Catalina touched the soft petals of the rose she got from Severus.

 Thanks to magic this rose will never fade,  she thought.  It was the reddest rose she’s ever seen and it still smelled of him. In fact, it's fragrance has been so strong the owl that brought it didn't want anything to do with it.

“HA! Got ya Legrande!”

Catalina felt herself groaning on the inside. What was I thinking? Of course Lavender wouldn’t drop it….

“Caty tell me…. Please, please, please, please.”

Catalina took the rose from her vase.

One Finite Incantatum and they would know….

“No.” she snickered at Lavender. “Are you coming to dinner?”

Lavender ran after her like a playful puppy.

“Oh I knew it had to be a hickey you were hiding!” she screamed vigorously.

People were already starting to turn after them walking down the hallway.

“Shut up Lavender,” hissed Caty in pure desperation.

“Oh and you weren’t in the dorm at all on Friday night were you….?” Whispered Lavender.

Oh no….. now the questions…..

“Caty, I won’t tell anybody I promise just please tell me, tell me, who is it, for how long and and….”

Caty could see Lavender’s eyes got really big and she was breathing heavily in hope for some extraordinary gossip. Like that Caty was a secret stripper from Durmstrang and had to work every night.

Catalina lengthened her stride, hoping that she would shake Lavender off, but Lavender obviously didn’t think it would be awkward to jog in hallways.

Snape and Dumbledore just walked from behind the corner. Dumbledore couldn’t look more amused.

“Training for the muggle Olympics Miss Brown?”

Lavender obviously saw the presence of the Headmaster as some sort of a rescue or a backup.

“No Catalina just won’t answer any of my questions professor it is rather frustrating…”

Catalina lost her nerve.

“Because you ask about things that are none of your business! You’ve been following me with your questions like a Snifler does something shiny. And if you won’t stop Lavender…… I swear I’m going to start practicing the Cruciatus Curse on you…..”

Lavender backed up. “That is against the law!”

“So was the Imperius Curse that professor Moody practiced on every one of us. Now think about it, have you seen him lately or is he in Azkaban?” Catalina was snarling at Lavender who backed up even more.

“Headmaster?” she squeaked.

“Innocent until proven guilty Miss Brown.” Dumbledore shrugged his shoulders.

Lavender stormed away.

Catalina could hear Dumbledore chuckle.

“Obviously, Miss Lavender is finding your endeavors very intriguing Miss Legrande. Now let’s talk about punishment for threatening a fellow student with an Unforgivable Curse….”

Catalina turned around.

“But this is impossible Headmaster…… she’s been waking me up all night yesterday, interrogating me about whether or not I’m seeing anybody. She hides my shoes so I supposively can’t leave…….. I think Unforgivable Curse is a good compromise since I also considered a rat poison.”