Dancing for Life or Death

On the sidenote, there's a contest for the dedication of the next chapter. It will go to the person who points out the line I borrowed from Alan Rickman's role as a Sherriff of Nottingham in Robin Hood.

Hint: I'm sure it has made you laugh before.

…………….

“Hey, Freddie, look whoah just walked in.” Fred looked up from his French toast and wolf whistled.

“Think that’s Catalina’s friend Georgie?” George winked at him. “Is she a beautiful girl?”

“Of course she is.”

“Ok let’s go Freddie she’s ours.”

Hermione and Ginny exchanged looks. “Boys….”

Catalina put on a quite desperate face.

“Well, boys are about to be whipped…”

Ginny and Hermione turned at that to observe the twins approach the young woman.

“Why do you think so Cat?”

Catalina sneered:

“Because that ladies, is my friend Maria, who’s currently thinking about eating me alive.”

She took a bite of Fred’s French toast and waved at her friend.

Maria pushed Fred and George away from her and started towards Catalina with her eyes blazing. Caty had to roll her eyes. Maria was always overly dramatic.

Are you sure you don’t want me to step in? Catalina smiled; Severus has been paying attention.

I’m sure Sev. But really thank you…. 

Maria arrived at the table and sat down to stare at Caty as she continued to eat her friend’s French toast.

After a while Caty looked at her.

“I see I should start then, hello Maria how are you?” she smirked a little.

Her friend didn’t smile at all. “I don’t believe this Loca…… I’ve known you since you were four years old, how did you even manage a feat like this?”

Catalina offered her friend a plate. “No Loca I ate on the Knight Bus. And you finish up pretty quickly because I want to talk to you…”

Caty pushed the plate away. “Come on then.”

The two women gracefully walked to the hall. Maria looked very impatient at that point.

“Well Loca tell me.” Caty threw her hair back.

“Don’t call me that… Look, Madame Maxime offered to take me along so I could study here for the year without participating in the Tournament. Doña was and probably still is, in the Canary islands with the new guy so I just signed for her and here I am. Nothing more.”

This apparently surprised Maria. “You mean to tell me that your Mom didn’t even wonder where you are?”

Catalina looked at her. “You’re really innocuous aren’t you Chandra?”

“You think you can win me over by calling me the name my parents put on my birth certificate?” growled Maria.

Catalina shrugged.

“It was worth a try, and by the way,” she added. “You know very well that me and Doña haven’t really talked for years.“

Maria looked obviously uncomfortable.