Taste of September

The panther pounced at Caty and pushed her down on the matress. She giggled at the playful growls and purrs that came out of its throat as she stroked the thick pelt at the side of his neck.

“See? It wasn’t so bad… In fact you’re extremely cute this way.”

Caty smiled as the panther nuzzled her neck, surprisingly gentle for such a big cat.

Change too, she heard him quite clearly between the growls.

She kissed what would otherwise be his cheek. “Why Sev, you happen to like this and want to play chase with a slightly bigger kitty cat?”

Chase? Isn’t that for kittens?

“And cubs like to play too sometimes,” she snapped playfully stretching herself into the familiar form of a tigress. Severus reached to grab the soft scruff of her neck with his teeth and pulled at it playfully.

You really are just a little cub, even as a panther he has kept the manner of his smirk. You should be about twice my size but you’re not.

She growled at him.

I still have bigger teeth.

He jumped off of the bed and ran through the open door. Caty pounced after him and entrapped the tip of his tail with her paws.

You forgot you have this, she giggled. He really was bigger than her and she stepped back from him to avoid the swipe of his paw.

Don’t worry I don’t have the claws out.

His eyes gleamed with enjoyment as he stretched towards her. She pounced on him, capturing him playfully between her paws.

Well, is this your Animagus or Patronus Sev?

Biting her shoulder gently, he made one of those cat noises again.

My Patronus has been a doe since Lily died. It was a cobra before that.I guess you’ve just tempted me to get into that Animagus nonsense.I can’t even imagine how great it would be to repay Black the biting favor….

Caty jumped away from him and turned around.

How about that chase game?

The panther stretched lazily.

There are disadvantages to seeing an older man cub; I’m not insane enough to play that in the house. The Forbidden Forest is a different matter though…. But you’ll be the one on foot and I’ll be a cat.

Caty changed back.

“You still hold a grudge against that kitty?”

Mademoiselle you may not realize it but hurting man’s ego can equal to a mortal sin and you’re very good at it.

She grimaced:

“Oh dear, how can you even love me?”

The panther growled and pounced, licking her face in punishment.

You’re the only one who has ever dared to do that to me silly girl… To quote Dumbledore: I’ve met my match in you; it was impossible to resist.

Caty wiped her face clean and bent down to pull on his whiskers gently:

“And here I was, thinking that you could say something romantic,” she teased.

He snapped at her hand playfully.

How long are you going to keep me this way?

Caty ran down the stairs and looked up at the big cat.