Tigress

………………………………

“How long before she will be able to withstand the Marking Severus?”

Severus tore his gaze from the window; the dusk was already approaching. From what he knew, Fenrir Greyback has left the Manor about an hour ago.

“Two or three days my Lord; that arm fracture was fit for St. Mungo’s.”

Voldemort hissed in displeasure but Severus couldn’t really bring himself to pay attention to that.

Did Narcissa change her mind about letting Caty go?

Severus knew that it would be nearly impossible to wait another month; if Narcissa wouldn’t let Caty go tonight, he would have to blow his cover tomorrow and leave with her on his own. He caught his breath as he finally saw a slight figure in a black cape make its way to the grounds of the Malfoy Manor. Severus fought the urge to go after her, ensuring himself that even if Greyback would catch up with her, he didn’t stand much of a chance anyway.

If she won’t outrun him she certainly can get rid of him, he thought as he recalled how the mantichora and redcap have ended up.

Severus stayed by the window, hoping to still catch a glimpse of her but the girl seemed to have some type of supernatural mimicry. Still, the situation remained to be perilous; Malfoy Manor was far from any muggle or wizarding village. Severus planned to a while before he would attempt to follow her, hoping that she wouldn’t take it for an attempt to bring her back or that another part of Voldemort’s amusing ‘training’ was to have her run with a werewolf in the rain that has started about an hour ago.

“I was thinking that you and Miranda are spending rather lot of time together Severus,” he heard Voldemort’s contemplating voice behind him.

“You’ve appointed me to be her Healer my Lord, I’m by her side and ready to serve whenever she is injured,” he replied, wondering about the implications of bringing this up.

“You certainly do seem to... have a way with her,” the Dark Lord continued. “She definitely never dared to yell at you like she did at me.”

Voldemort was still obviously infuriated with the memory of Caty standing up to him in front of every measly follower he has collected over the past fifty years.

“She’s young my Lord; one day she will know who truly deserves to be respected,” Severus hesitated a little before adding. “Also, I’ve made sure that she remembered to obey me in Hogwarts; she already knew better than to provoke me.”

Voldemort chuckled in delight before reaching for his shoulder.

“Then she shall be yours after she’s Marked,” he whispered into Severus’ ear.

Severus looked at him innocuously.

“Why me Lord? I’m sure there are more worthy Death Eaters…” Voldemort interrupted him with a simple hand gesture.

“You’re my most valued asset Severus; so close to Dumbledore, so efficient in following my orders, skilled Healer and yet you remain one of the very few who didn’t crinch away at the process of breaking Miranda. And there is no doubt about your loyalty. Truly, who else is worthy besides you?”

Severus kept on scanning the surroundings of Malfoy Manor, relieved that Narcissa was able to let Caty run away.

There is no way that I could have rejected that offer and then I would have been fully responsible for her staying….  Not to even mention the ‘training’.

“If that is what will please you my Lord,” he answered blankly.

Voldemort narrowed his eyes and Severus realized that he made a mistake; he should have pretended to be pleased about this set up, kneel, and thank Voldemort for his generosity.