Loki

Finally posted sorry lol. Reader's challenge: find the exchange inspired by the Big Bang Theory. ;D

……………………………….

The kitten soon proved to be a thriving menace; earning himself the name Loki. Soon, he started to follow around Crookshanks, and the older feline seemed to be flattered with the role of a mischief mentor.

Even Severus had to admit that the kitten was an amusing companion and interestingly it seemed to seek him out the most. Whenever he sat down, the kitten was there, meowing and otherwise begging for attention. Soon, it became natural to him to have the little ball of fur purring against his shoulder and and let him battle the strands of his hair in the most ferocious war-game. But Severus wasn’t beguiled with Loki’s cuteness, he knew fairly well that the little kneazle would hop to complain to his Mistress should he ever do something that Caty wouldn’t like.

I really did dig myself a hole and not necessarily in the bedroom he thought, scratching the tiny pet under the chin. But maybe this wasn’t to always be the case since just about now the kneazle should be running to Caty with desperate meow and try to knock over her cup of coffee. Severus winced at the thought; there was no doubt that the girl has been raised as British yet he seemed not to be able to get her rid of the coffee drinking habit. If Alexis would have decided to raise her to America he would understand the coffee addiction Caty obviously had but Andalusia didn’t quite cut it as an excuse.

In Severus’ lap, Loki stretched onto his back and yawned profoundly demanding some more scratching before another one of his naps.

Well, there are only two options; either doing this behind Caty’s back really is to her benefit or you’re my familiar and not hers.

He succumbed to reading, trying to ignore the impertinent manner in which the few of his student that were staying here shouted in the hall, waking up few of those vile portraits that lined the walls. A knock on the door was more than enough for him.

Placing the kitten down from his lap, he sprouted to the door:

“Miss Granger I am most certainly not going to explain the summer assignment to you…,” he stopped rather abruptly when he considered that this intruder was far too old to be his student.

“What do I owe the pleasure?” he snarled painfully remembering the deserted book.

“After what happened in Andalusia I would have expected you to be a little more polite.”

Severus hatefully observed Maria as she strode into the room and sat down on the bed he and Caty shared. Loki attempted to hiss at her as she awoke him from his slumber but the kitten was still far too young to make the same intimidating sound as an adult feline.

He pressed his back into the door staring at the woman who Dumbledore insisted to bring along.

She was annoying, overly-confident and there was something about her that didn’t quite agree with him. The fact that he held a grudge against her for following him around Hogwarts during her visit there didn’t help either. But she loved Caty in a sisterly way and found him and Dumbledore in Andalusia when they got lost. Severus intended on tolerating her but he simply refused to be polite because he owed her a favor.

“What do you want Maria?” he grunted again.

She was obviously past caring for his tone: “I assume you’re not sleeping here alone Snape,” she noted in a conversational manner that didn’t really await an answer. He wasn’t going to give it anyway.

“So you might be a little sympathetic.”

His eyes narrowed. “Get to the matter at hand Maria and be careful about what you say.”