It's a Woman

………………………

Harry walked his way down to the cellar, listening carefully for any suspicious sounds. The cellar was full of things that even Sirius’ mother thought would be better to stash away. According to Sirius, there was a perfectly innocent looking dolly bewitched by Bellatrix that would do fairly well in Muggle horror movies. It would most likely bring an end of Chucky series. But the Order deemed the potions lab as worth keeping even if Sirius and Caty were the only ones who could operate it safely.

“Harry what are you doing here?” Sirius grabbed him by the shoulder and pulled him down the last couple of stairs.

“Mrs. Weasley sent me; lunch is almost ready. How are you guys doing?”

Sirius sidestepped a little leading Harry deeper into the cellar pointing at Caty who was all too busy playing with the familiar purple robe that almost choked Ron.

“So you two are playing down here while the rest of us are working slave-shifts upstairs?”

Sirius shrugged:

“Caty is playing, but then again most of the creepy things in here seem to like her.”

The evil robe draped itself around Caty, hugging her perfectly in a form of the dress. She walked up to them with a mischievous smile as Harry unconsciously backed away from her; he was quite determined that the piece of golden-threaded purple fabric was not to be trusted.

Caty giggled:

“Come on it’s quite friendly.”

Harry felt the corner of his mouth curl up: “Yeah I remember, quite cuddly.”

He looked at her observantly, noticing the dark circles under her eyes and her ashen skin. It seemed like she hasn’t slept for days.

“Is there any way I could help around here?” he asked hoping to get away from the war on the house that was waged upstairs.

Caty eyed him curiously:

“Maybe but that would be too much of a risk; there’s no antidote to most of the curses these things carry,” her eyes gleamed a little. “But nothing against bunking off.”

Sirius laughed barkingly.

“You’d get in trouble if Snivellus heard that one.”

Caty shook of the robe rather hastingly, seeming a little nervous.

“Not likely,” she replied biting on her lower lip. She pointed her wand at a treasure chest in the far corner of the room only to reveal it to be full of children’s toys. The lock blew off with more force than necessary.

 Harry leaned closer to Sirius, observing the tint of guilt that passed across his godfather’s face:

“What just happened?”

Sirius squeezed his shoulder conspiratorially.

“Snivellus left five days ago; Lina is a little… more irritable than usually.”

That’s an obvious one, thought Harry, observing Lina as she searched for the traces of Dark Magic within the innocuously looking objects. Her fingers tore through them furiously as she threw her hair back in badly hidden anger. It took a while before she spoke again:

“All of these have to go; I wouldn’t be surprised if those toys’ heads started spinning,” she frowned a little before looking at Sirius.

“I don’t know whose they were but that child had a fairly sick sense of humor.”