Calling of Blood

The photo of the dress Caty would be wearing is the courtesy and choice of ScottishChampion11. :) Btw, as the element of Fawkes-Snape relationship slowly spreads over the internet, I feel the need to clarify that we have a patent for that. ;) :D

........................

Catalina woke up on a cold, hard floor with a stabbing headache. She whimpered slowly while feeling her forehead, trying to remember what happened.

Note from Severus….. Moody offering to come along…. Dumbledore approving…

That all she remembered, but she couldn’t get rid of the feeling that a while after that something has gone terribly wrong. She tried to press her memory to work but she was interrupted.

“Welcome Miss Gaunt, or should I call you Miranda, considering that we’re related?”

Catalina looked up trying to take a look at the owner of this smooth, melodic voice.

The man that spoke to her was tall, with long blond hair that was almost white. He carried a smile on his face; however the smile didn’t reach his eyes. Catalina tried to get up slowly. Judging by the look of his eyes he was surprised at her persistence as she staggered, only to get up again. Finally she looked at him, ignoring the dizziness and nausea that she felt in her stomach.

“Seeing that neither of those name belong to me; I think you have the wrong person.”

The man laughed.

“Oh but Miranda just looking at you assures me that dear Barty has found the right person.”

Catalina fell to her knees again as the dizziness she felt decided to pull her down.

“Who are you?” she inquired before she threw up.

The man wiped away the vomit with a swipe of his wand.

“Lucius Malfoy is my name, but then of course, Lucius will do, or Uncle, if you wish,” he was looking down at her with utmost interest.

“Oh and don’t worry about throwing up on that expensive marble floor again; it is expected after travelling Stunned by a Portkey.”

If she wouldn’t know better, Caty would think that the man was actually concerned. But that would mean to forget the circumstances under which she’s been ‘invited’ to this house. Wary of the experience of standing, she tried to at least sit up. He himself got down to his knees.

“I must say your spirit is quite admirable Miranda; I’ve seen men cry like a stuck pig after what you’ve just been through.” He took her by the chin.

“Not to speak about the injury I’ve seen you suffer; I’ll make sure Draco apologizes for that.”

“Don’t call me Miranda.” She hissed at him but he chose to ignore that while he stroked her jaw.

“Well now Miranda,” he continued. “We should get you ready to meet with your father.”

He said that like it was the most natural and expected thing in the world that girls are to be introduced to their fathers after being Stunned in the back.

“Let me just ask you this, your mother never mentioned us to you? Me, my wife Narcissa, Draco, your father, Bellatrix..?”

Catalina spat in his face.

“If Stunning and kidnapping is the usual manner of your behavior then I can’t really say I blame her.”

He slowly wiped his face in the sleeve of his robes before he dragged her up to her feet. She fell into his arms, feeling that he sniffed her hair.