Fuzzy Feelings

A/N:
Date 6-1-17

Hey everyone! I know this chapter is very long, and the next few chapters will probably be around the same length. It happens...

Word Count: 3272

---------------------------------------------------

Chapter 23: Fuzzy Feelings

As I watched Ash through the window, my stomach had knotted painfully. Maybe it was sympathy pain for Ash. Was I getting warm and fuzzy feelings for Ash? I could just be hungry. It had been a while since I last fed. I shivered, which made my stomach tighten. I didn't like the fact that I had to say fed, not ate like I should've said if I was still human. I also had a headache that was getting stronger. I needed to close my eyes, but I couldn't. I had to watch to make sure Ash didn't get hurt worse than he already was. Maybe I could control Cubs with my telepathy. But I felt too weak at the moment.

Cubs eventually pulled his fist out of the wall, which had made a hole big enough for a squirrel to live in. Cubs stayed facing the wall. It looked like he was cradling his fist as it healed. The amused look on Ash's face as he watched Cubs told me the fist was hurt. Ash suddenly stopped smiling, and his expression was serious again as he stood. Cubs turned and swung his uninjured fist at Ash. This time when Ash dropped to the ground, he purposely slid under Cubs. Ash hit Cubs in his ankles, causing Cubs to trip. But Cubs was a vampire, he could regain his balance easily.

Ash had timed his slide perfectly, and he slid right between Cubs' legs. Ash stood behind Cubs and yanked his hands back. I couldn't believe how well he was fighting when he had chains around his wrists and ankles. Ash pulled his hands behind him, the chains tripped Cubs. He fell on his stomach. Cubs turned his head in time so he didn't break his nose. I studied Ash's face and saw his nose had already healed. It was only slightly red now. Ash's eyes were glowing a flaming red. Ash dropped on his knees onto Cubs' back. I didn't know why Ash would pin Cubs down. Cubs was going to hurt Ash anyway.

"Now I'm prepared to make a deal with you." Ash spoke calmly to Cubs, but his voice carried strong. It was very manly. "What do you want, Ash?" Cubs talked with a slightly muffled tone because his cheek was pressed to the floor. "I want you to delivery blood to me and Alicia. You need to do it immediately if you want to live." Cubs laughed, but Ash cut him off by pressing harder into Cubs' back. "I will kill you now if you don't do what I say, General!" Ash leaned close to whisper dramatically into Cubs' ear.

I had to admit, Ash was great with drama. He could make you feel like impending doom was coming just by saying a few words. I knew from personal experience. "And if I let you go and you decide not to deliver, I will kill you." Cubs only hesitated a moment before answering. "You can't kill me if I don't get near you and you are still in chains." Cubs sounded calm and sure of himself. Ash punched him in the back of the head. There was a sickening thud, and Cubs moaned in pain. "Believe me, I will find a way."

I hoped Cubs listened to Ash, because I was getting hungrier every time blood was mentioned. I tried to push the revolting longing aside, but that's what I'd been doing this whole time. I just couldn't do it anymore. Especially not with my stomach hurting so bad. I had to think of something else, anything else. What happened to vampires never getting sick? I squeezed my eyes shut, which helped my headache lessen. But I was supposed to be watching out for Ash. So I snapped my eyes back open.

I was just in time to see Cubs moved his hand when Ash hadn't been focused on him. He'd glanced up at me, which had distracted him. I came to this realization too late. "Ash! Look out!" I yelled to Ash. Cubs reached for Ash's chains and yanked on one connected to his left wrist. Ash was pulled off Cubs, and I wasn't sure how it was possible. Cubs had to have pulled his shoulder out of place to reach Ash's chains. But I guess as long as someone else was in pain, then Cubs wouldn't mind being in pain. I focused back on Ash to see what would happen. I was still chained up, so all I could do was watch.