Misunderstandings

BYUNGHUN POV

I nearly passed out. She was hugging me. Jessica Hwang was hugging me. I sound like I'm talking about a celebrity, but to me, shes much more than a celebrity. If I did what I was going to do without thinking, I would've screamed out of happiness and gone crazy. But I need to control myself, control my emotions, and stay calm. Be the cool guy she sees you as. Control yourself. I mentally took a deep breathe to keep myself from going mental, and I awkwardly put my arms around her.

"Thank you so much Byunghun, thank you,"she squeezed me tighter, and my eyes grew even wider. Shes just thankful, shes just thankful. I had to keep myself from fainting right on the spot.

She let go and smiled. "I'll pay you back someday for everything you've done for me. I promise."

You don't have to, all I want is...

LUHAN POV

I forgot about time, about my surroundings. I was plainly staring out the window, watching Jessica hug another guy with a wide smile on her face. I didn't notice when someone walked over next to me.

"What are you looking at? Is that Jessica? What is she doing?" HyeJin came up next to me and looked out the window.

"Huh? Oh umm. Nothing. I don't know who that is. Anyways uhh I have to go practice. Uhh bye." I hurriedly walked off, partially lying. Well I did need to go practice... But HyeJin cant find out about us...

But is there still an us...?

JESSICA POV

I walked in the hallway, still smiling about getting a part time job. on the way was Exo's practice room, and the door just happened cracked open. I looked around for anyone walking around, but there was no one. After scanning the surroundings, I poked my head in the practice room, finding half the members sitting on the floor and half on the couch, just lounging.

"Guise"

All the heads turned, and I was greeted by 12 pairs of eyes. Nervous eyes. Was something wrong? They looked like they didn't want to see me. Did I do something?

"Ohh... Hey Jessica" Baekhyun was the first one to break out of the lets-just-stare-at-Jessica atmosphere and say something.

"Umm... I just wanted to say hi. Uhh Ill be leaving now." I locked eyes with Lu Han, but his usual heartwarming smile wasn't there. It was instead replaced why a cold distant look that seemed to be some kind of disliking towards me. Feeling a but intimidated, I slowly drew my head back and walked off to the practice room.

Something is definitely wrong, and it has to do with me. I must've done something. The Exo members aren't ever like this. What happened between us?

-

The whole day I couldn't help but wander off in my thoughts. Manager Park already tried to snap me out of my trance 5 times, and I had to ask people talking to me repeat what they said. I couldn't help it. Something was so wrong, and I feel like I need to set things right.

I pulled out my phone and sent him a text. Can we talk?

I waited around 10 minutes before he replied. Yeah, meet me near the stairs at the side of the building.

I stopped in my tracks, turned around, and headed for the usual place. As he had said, Luhan was there, waiting for me at the stairs. His expression wasn't bright like it usually was, but he still forced a tiny smile that was barely visible. I walked over and sat on the railings across from the wall he was leaning agaisnt.

"You wanted to talk?" His tone was serious, not his usual playful self.

"Yeah.. Umm I-I uhh... I-is something wrong? Your behavior is different, the members are treating me differently, and I cant get rid of the feeling that something is wrong." I blurt out bluntly, my mouth speaking by itself.

Luhan looked down, seemed to think for a second, and stared into my eyes again. "Yeah, something's wrong."

I looked up from my feet, sort of surprised. I was expecting something to be wrong, but I wasn't expecting him to just say it out loud. "Really? What is it?"

"Actually I want to ask a question."

"What is it?"

"Who was the guy you were so happily hugging this morning?"

"Wha-? Oh Byunghun? Oh... " I guess he saw...

"Byunghun?"Luhan's face wasn't exactly the... Brightest face... It was more like the I-really-hate-this-but-i-need-an-explanation face.

"Luhan... Byunghun's been my... Friend since high school, and he recently moved to Korea. Ever since I broke my car, he's been driving me here everyday. And this morning he got me a part time job. We're just really good friends." Luhan's face slowly changed as I explained. From his I-really-hate-this-but-i-need-an-explanation face to a Oh-I-guess-I-was-wrong face.

"Oh... Well..."

"But why? Were you jealous?"I decided to tease him a but, seeing that he's been proved wrong and was mad for no reason.

"Yes."

"Well I wasn't expecting such a straightforward answer, but... That'll do." I smiled, relieved that the misunderstandings were over. Luhan's usual smile was back, and he took my hand in his, walking together in the hallways on our way to the practice rooms.

"Oh right, I forgot to tell you." Luhan suddenly stopped and faced me.

"What is it? Is it about the secret unit between the group of people last time?" I asked excitedly, hoping to find out what was going on with that group from last time.

"It's not a secret unit,"he reassured, "we were protesting something."

"Protest? What were you protesting."

"Oh just you know, your debut song."

"DEH?"

"They're making a new one for you at the moment. You're welcome." A big smile was placed on his face, proudness practically drawn on his face.

"DEH? JINJA?" I threw my arms around him out of happiness. "Thank you so much" I smiled. My career was back.

oϻıgod. ωɑт ıs тɦıs cɦɑpтєʀ єѵєɴ?
ıтs so sɦoʀт... ɑɴd ugɦ ı doɴт ʟıĸє тɦıs ɑт ɑʟʟ.. ı dıdɴт єѵєɴ ĸɴoω ɦoω тo єɴd тɦıs. вuт sıgɦ, ɑs вɑd ɑs ıт sєєϻs, ı ωɑɴт тo єɴd тɦıs sтoʀყ quıcĸʟყ so ı cɑɴ sтɑʀт oɴ ϻყ ɴєω sтoʀყ. 😔 ყus ı ĸɴoω ıϻ sucɦ ɑ вɑd pєʀsoɴ. вuт ugɦ ı ωɑɴт тo sтɑʀт ıт so вɑdʟყ. ɦıɴт-ıтs goɴɴɑ вє ɑвouт ĸıϻ тɑєɦყuɴg 😄 do ωє ɦɑѵ ɑɴყ ɑʀϻყ ɦєʀє? ωєʟʟ ɑɴყωɑყ ıтs goıɴɴɑ вє cɑʟʟєd -jusт ɑ ғɑɴ- ı soʀтɑ ɦɑѵ тɦє pʟoт pʟɑɴɴɴєd ouт so ı ωɑɴɴɑ sтɑʀт ıт вuт ıϻ goɴɴɑ ғıɴısɦ ʟoѵє ɑɴd вusıɴєss ғıʀsт. вuт doɴт ωoʀʀყ тɦєʀs goɴɴɑ вє ϻoʀ тo тɦıs sтoʀყ тɦɑɴ ıт sєєϻs... so ყєɑ ı ωɑɴт cɑusє ɑɴтıcıpɑтıoɴ 😬

тɦɑɴĸ ყou ғoʀ ʀєɑdıɴg!