Chapter One

Chapter One

First introductions

 "Bryar! Come on, otherwise you will be too late on your first school day!" Audra yelled up the staircase. According to Audra they were definitely 10 minutes too late, which was for Bryar exactly on time. Bryar scanned her room over, checking if she really had everything. She grabbed her favourite lip-gloss quickly and ran down to Audra, who was waiting downstairs.

"Have you said good bye to Mom and Dad?" Audra asked while they were run-walking to her white Fiat 500, her 21th birthday present.

"Yes, I knew that they wouldn't be here when I would leave." Audra looked at Bryar with sadness in her eyes. One of the perks of having a full-time in-demand lawyer as mother and a super successful business manager as father, Bryar thought sarcastically. But after all these years, she had grown used to it. It wasn't like they didn't want to support her but they just didn't have the time. It still didn't make her feel any better in moments like this though.

The only person she always relied on was Audra. Even though Audra was four years older than her, they always behaved as if they were twins. Audra was the ultimate big sister with a big heart and made sure everything was just how Bryar liked and wanted it. Bryar dropped her two suitcases in the back of the Fiat and clutched her handbag close while waiting for Audra. Audra lowered her roof and started the engine. Audra reversed out of the parking spot and honked once while motioning Bryar to get into the car.

Once Bryar sat in the white leather seat, Audra sped off with music booming from the speakers. She cursed the elegant metallic gates that opened very slowly. The on-time issue she had was from their mother. Mom was always on time, if not early. It was a good thing for her because as lawyer, being late definitely wasn't in the job description. Audra sped off as soon as the gates were just open enough for her to slip out.

Once on the motorway, Audra relaxed a little. Cruising at her speed in the fast lane as they sang loudly in time with the music on the radio. Bryar burst into a fit of giggles when Audra tried to rap to a song at an extremely high tempo. But when they turned off the motorway, Audra became stressed again. She drove like mad, squeezing in the tightest spots and pushing the speed limits. Before Bryar could finish listening to the song on the radio, they had arrived. As soon as Audra put the hand break on, she undid her seatbelt and raced out of the car.

"Leave my bags. I can do them myself!" Bryar yelled while still sitting in the car. She listened but heard no reply. When she heard Audra open the boot, she quickly undid her seatbelt and belted out of the car with handbag in tow.

When Audra wants to rush, she literally throws and grabs everything she can get hold of and then runs as fast as she can to make sure she's remotely on time. Good thing Bryar had a couple of bags more than the usual stuff and Audra was wearing her heels. Otherwise there would have been no stopping her.

Bryar just made it in time to the boot to catch her coat and toilet bag, which hadn't made it in time into her suitcase. Audra carried her two other suitcases and slammed the boot shut and locked her car afterwards. She ran away on her heels to the school entrance.

"Audra, come back now!" Bryar yelled while getting stared at by a couple of students. Frustrated, she ran after her on her comfy flowery sandals. Audra was doing well - seeing she was wearing heels - but Bryar managed to catch up to her fast enough. They walked into the building and she was completely in awe. It really was the most beautiful building ever.

When you walked into the dance school, you walked into an enormous hallway. The floor was made of shiny pale cream coloured marble with coffee coloured line patterns decorating it. There were also chandeliers hanging from the ceilings that were supported by beautifully carved pillars that held this magnificent building up. On the left side there was the headmaster's office and on the right side was a little room now known as the janitor's office. In front you could see a massive staircase and if you looked up there were even more staircases that led the way up to the unknown of the magical building. The banisters were decorated with paintings in the colours scarlet, sky blue, emerald green, gold and silver.