Chapter Four

Chapter Four

First Taste of The Future

On Friday Bryar started off with Drama and Coiffure. They were great lessons and Bryar had learnt so much from them already. She had spent all her days with Aoide, Noa and Carmina. After their little Parisa episode they had become even closer friends. Whenever they had a little problem or an issue, they would just talk to her and the other girls if they wanted to. Bryar found a lot of reassurance in her friendship with the girls.

On Friday Bryar had the only two lessons that she hadn't had the rest of the week. They were History and Technique. She actually had History three times in a week but all the previous lessons were cancelled so this was her first real lesson. A young male teacher named Mr. Caledon Reed gave her History lessons. He was still in his mid twenties but had serious potential to be the best History teacher Bryar had ever had. If you flirted with Mr. Cable he would blush furiously or lose his train of thoughts completely. Well, Mr. Reed was completely the opposite: if you flirted with him he would make a witty or sarcastic comment back making you feel terrible about starting it in the first place or he would make you die of embarrassment.

He introduced himself first and then moved on to their year planning. He told them that they would go through loads of important history periods for dance and that every student must also have common History knowledge.

"We will also have a project running throughout the whole year which involves your family history, and as much as possible at this school." Various students started to talk at the mention of this. Bryar didn't talk but she did have loads of thoughts on it. This would be a great opportunity to get a great mark for History. I wonder how far back the Kerrington family line goes in this school? Bryar wondered. As soon as the bell went, Bryar walked over to the other girls and they started to chatter about their family tree and all the possibilities that revolved around it.

At the end of her day the only lesson Bryar had was Technique Class. She was anxious to meet her new Technique teacher. Apparently the last teacher suffered from a terrible fall down the stairs and had to stop with his job and they had to find a replacement at the last moment. Now he was back but he was only able to teach a class of about ten students, otherwise he would suffer a high level of stress. So as solution, the class was split in two – males and females. Because it was Technique they weren't required to dance with each other so this option was possible.

Bryar was running a little late so when she walked into class everyone already had a spot at the barre. When she looked at all the girls she noticed that nearly all of them were batting their eyelashes or giggling behind their hand flirtatiously.

"Nice of you to finally join us, Ms. Kerrington. Could you please find a spot on the barre and warm yourself up?" She heard a deep but smooth male voice speak up. Bryar turned around and came face to face with no one less than Mr. Jordan VanderBilt. She moved a step back and felt a blush creep up on her cheeks. He smiled wide and wickedly at that. Bryar found a spot between two girls she didn't really know. But they were paying little attention to her; most of their attention was directed to the male who was stood in the middle of the room.

"As you know Mr. Black isn't capable of teaching a class of twenty-two students so I put myself forward to teach you young girls the skills of Technique." He flashed all the girls a crooked smile which made all of them sigh. Well, nearly all of them. Bryar just rolled her eyes and focused on her feet. While everyone started to warm up she heard a couple of interesting comments and thoughts on Jordan being their teacher.

In the end she managed to stand next Aoide and opposite Noa and Carmina. Having her friends close to her made her feel much more comfortable. She stretched her legs and all the muscles in it, warming them up one by one. She did a couple of simple exercises before Carmina quietly whispered to her: