Chapter 23

Killian's POV

I was so proud of Emma she has been working so hard to make the Graham thing not bother her. Its been months since its happened. She was hasnt been scared since she has been learning how to protect herself. Today Emma and I were at the park with Maverick and I was pushing him on the swings while Emma went to get ice cream.

"Aww your boy is so cute." Some woman says.

"Thanks." I say.

"So are you a single father?" She asks.

"No." I say.

"So are you with his mother?" She asks.

"Well..." I say.

"Whats the matter handsome?" She asks touching my arm.

"Can you not touch me?" I ask pushing her hand away from me.

"Whats the matter?" She asks touching my arm again.

"Dont touch me. I dont want some random girl touching me." I say.

"So..." She says.

"Hey! Lady I told you not to touch me!" I yell.

She stepped back and left me alone only my Swan is allowed to touch me.

"Hey whos that handsome man over there?" Emma asks.

"Well its me." I say.

"Not you." She says and give Maverick some ice cream.

"Wow my son has stolen my Swan from me." I say.

"No one could ever take me away from you, but yes this little boy and you are in a close race. God I cant believe that 5 months ago he showed up at the door." She says.

"Yep he arrived at 3 months and now he is 8months. Hey what do you think his first word will be?" I ask her.

"I dont know, but what I do know is that you have grown so much since he has come." She says.

"So before I was a child to you?" I ask.

"Well you acted like one, but you have finally became responsible." She says.

"Thanks love." I say.

She laughed at me and picked up Maverick and we walked back home. I love her more then anything. I think Im gonna try again. Im gonna try again and ask Emma to marry me. Hopefully this time she will say yes.