324 15 9

Ramen

What Keith didn't know when he entered the dorm is that Lance was there, cooking. Keith didn't imagine he could cook. But he actually did which surprised him. But it would be weird if he just stranded there, spaced out, right? He closed the door and Lance took a glance before going to focus on cooking. Just before he could open the door to his room, the taller man asked him, "Have you eaten?" Keith raised an eyebrow. In Korea, as far as he can remember, it was in their culture to ask your friends that when you meet them. "Yeah," Keith said and took a hold of his doorknob. "Just eat anyways, I cooked for both of us. If this doesn't get eaten tonight, it'll spoil." He explained. Keith slipped out of his converse and slipped in his slippers. He was still Asian after all, and he can guarantee you that most of them do this.

Keith sat down lazily and brought out his phone. He could smell what his roommate was cooking. Was this actually ramen? What? He took a quick glance and saw it actually is. There better be fucking kimchi. Keith missed Korean food the most. To find one in the streets of America was difficult. Well maybe not difficult but out of reach.

"Here ya go buddy." The darker man said as he placed down a bowl of ramyeon in front of Keith. He stood up and went to his room to get some spare chopsticks. Boy he doesn't want to miss this.

He got out of his room and went back to his seat. What was there that wasn't before was kimchi. "Where'd you get this?" Keith asked as he took it. Then he realized he just asked out if the blue. "I went to buy it a while ago. When I heard I was having a Korean as a roommate, I figured to have some Korean food. It's hard to find a Korean resto around here too. Also, what'd you eat? Before you got here I mean." Keith was busy eating but  he stopped gobbling up his ramen. "Sorry, it's just that when we eat," Keith stopped to wipe his mouth with the sleeve of his sweater, "ramen, we don't usually speak until we actually finish it. I just ate in n' out." Mullet head explained. "Oh, well, do you guys have like a ramen eating contest when you eat ramen? And isn't it hot?" Lance asked. "Nothing hurts a little competition. And like I said, eating ramen faster helps you get used to hotter food, don't forget spicy." With that, Keith went back to finishing his ramen which only took about a minute or two. Lance on the other hand was just half-way done and his noodles were about to go soggy. "You might want to eat fast, your noodles are getting soggy." Keith suggested. He was surprised when he took his advice. "You're right."

Lance and Keith agreed that they're take turns in doing things like doing the dishes and other daily chores.

Finally, Keith slumped into his bed. He opened his phone but fell asleep in an instant.