227 10 0

Lance exited the elevator and walked towards the room of Keith. When he unlocked the door, he heard a quick click and that's when he saw Keith.

Everything happened way too quickly for Kieth. A second a man he didn't know was there and the next was a man he knew. The guy he didn't know was like the flash, exiting the room through the window and that was the last time Keith saw him. He even made it at the nick of time before Lance could see him.

"Was someone in here?" lance asked. Keith looked stunned. He turned to the direction of where Keith was looking; at the opened window.

"Yea, just before you got here. I don't know, but I don't think I was dreaming." Keith murmured but Lance still understood him. He dropped his thing by the couch and checked out the window. Lance saw nothing but he stretched out a bit more, he noticed that the window below their floor was open. Then again, this all could be a coincidence.

"If anything goes wrong call the nurse, doctor or just  make a sound if I'm not here. Any sound. But that wouldn't be much of a problem, I'll be staying here most of the time before you get discharged."

Keith wondered what he meant to Lance by now. "What about your classes?" He questioned the sun-kissed boy. "I asked some of my friends to take notes for me or voice record the lecture for me. He'll send it to me, no biggie. Just relax dude, I'm here now." Lance explained.

***

It was already 8:54 on the clock. Keith was laying asleep on the bed. He didn't do much since he couldn't do much. Why? because he was stuck in a cast, because he isn't supposed to move. Lance was just looking at Keith, in a cast, on the bed, looking dead. He didn't like the sight of this... it reminded him of...

He looked down to his feet and tried to stop the tears from falling. It's been two years already and yet he's still shedding at least a tear, a single drop of tear. 

he stood up and locked the door and windows just in case that weird guy Keith was talking about was real. After that, he went back to the couch and lay there, slowly falling asleep.

***

It's almost been two months since Keith was confined in the hospital. Meaning he has a month and a week before his official discharge date. Keith was starting to wonder how on earth he was going to pass everything he missed. He is at the top of his class, maybe, just maybe, the teacher was going to cut him some slack.

"Here you go," Lance said as he placed Keith's meal in front of him. He also helped Keith sit up properly before doing so.

The doctor said he did get better from before, and thank the good lord for that. It was almost time to pay a visit to the dead souls who left him. Sure they did leave him but Keith knew, now, that it was to protect him. He knew why those men in black appeared in front of him with that knife. It's been more than a decade and he still hasn't washed the blood-stained knife.

"You okay? You've been spacing out recently. You know I'm here to listen right?" Lance sounded so sweet at that moment and Keith almost fell for it. No matter how hard Keith wants to tel Lance, or anyone, he couldn't, He didn't want any of his friends get dragged into his messed up life.

"Sorry about that. It's just... the man in black. I just keep thinking about him." Keith said after chewing his food.

"Who? You mean the guy that was here more than a month ago? " Lance questioned more and more and Keith got more pressured if he should tell Lance or not. Maybe he will, but not now. 

Keith just stayed silent and looked down all the while he was eating. The entire time he ate was basically silent. There was so much things going through his head he even stopped eating and focused on what was in his mind. He didn't know what his parents have done, just a scrape of it. He only knows that his parents has a debt to pay. It's understandable that they are still after but why do the have to so mysterious; suspicious? Was his parents involved in drugs? Illegal activities and such? Maybe it was because of his uncle. I mean he has something wrong in his head. 

Both men turned their heads to the door when they heard a knock. 

The door opened and it was just the nurse. She was here for the daily check up. Why else would she be here?

***

That night, as Lance was about to close the blinds, he noticed a note stuck to it. It read 'watch out' in chicken font*. 

At that moment, Lance knew that they were being watched but them.

--------------

Author here, I just wanted to say that chicken font isn't actually a font. It's just an expression for ugly or hard to read handwriting. Thanks for the people who actually read this btw. 

Keep on reading, keep on voting, keep on sharing, keep 'em coming.