352 15 4

Hangover soup and Grocery shopping

It's been a whole four days passed after moving in officially. Keith would often stay at home just painting or something if he didn't have any classes while Lance was either out or snoozing. Right now, he was definitely snoozing. Keith could hear his snore when he went to the bathroom. It made Keith wonder what time Lance actually went home. It was Friday and Keith didn't know whether or not Lance had classes to catch up to. He tried to recall when he heard the door open and shut. Maybe around two in the morning?

He couldn't stop thinking about it. He placed his brush down and paused his music again. When he reached his roommates door, he had second thoughts about doing it. But it was too late, the door opened and Lance just walked forward, resulting to both of them hitting the ground. But for Keith, he didn't know how to react. He had to keep things 'cool.'

"Sorry," muttered Lance. Guess he's still sleepy. "Nah, I was about to knock on your door." Keith explained. "Why?" Despite their position, it seemed like Lance didn't care. But for the paler guy, nu-uh. "Let's get up first." Keith said. He seemed to agree when he stood up and extended his arm towards Keith. He took it, it might be the only time he would ever make contact with his hands. "Thanks," said the mullet haired man. "Anyways, why were you in front of my door again?" Oh Jesus. "I was gonna check on you since it's already two in the afternoon-" He was cut off when Lance screamed, "iT'S TWO IN THE AFTERNOON?! OH MY GOD KEITH WHY DIDN'T YOU WAKE ME UP?!-" Lance winced and rubbed his temples. "You okay?" Keith asked. "Hungover." Was all he replied.

Keith placed the soup in front of Lance. Lance, on the other hand, looked at Keith with an eyebrow raised. "It's hangover soup. It's what we cook in Korea when someone has a hangover. Anyways, eat it up, it's better warm or hot, which ever you prefer." Keith said just before he washed the pot. When he sat down across Lance, he was half way done with the soup. Keith thought that when it was his turn to cook again, he'll cook some Spanish food. Maybe Lance would like that. The guy did cook him some Korean food when he arrived. Keith didn't know he actually smiled until Lance said it.

"Why are you smiling?" Lance asked in between drinking the soup. "Oh, nothing really." Keith said smiling in hopes he would slide it off. Luckily he did let it slide off. "Place the bowl in the sink when you're done. I'll wash it later." Keith said as he stood up to finish his painting.

---

When Keith turned around for his door, he took a step back for a moment. "Lance... how long were you standing?" Keith asked a little worried. "Oh, sorry if I scared you. I was gonna ask if you wanted to go buy groceries or something. But when I entered, you seemed so... into it. And I kinda watched half of what you started." Keith, stunned, took that as a compliment. He didn't say that though, why does Lance need to know? How was he able to even hold out this far? Keith was a bit proud of himself with keeping his feelings. "Oh," Keith replied. "Is your head better?" Keith asked as he opened his cabinet. He thought of what to wear today. He looked at Lance, waiting for an answer and checking what he was wearing. "Is that what your going to wear?" Keith added. "My head is better after eating the soup and yes, this is what I'm wearing. Why are you asking?" Keith mentally face palmed. "We're going to buy groceries remember." Keith deadpanned. Now, it seemed like Keith asked him instead of the other way around. "Oh yeah, yep this is what I'm wearing." Lance said full of confidence.

Keith turned around to face his cabinet once more. Since Lance was wearing dark skinny jeans and a black shirt and a navy blue jacket paired with ankle length boots, Keith thought it would be nice if they had a similar concept. He was wearing another pair of black jeans. I mean, who doesn't love black jeans? Plus Keith had like a lifetime supply of it. In addition he wore a maroon kind of shirt which was a bit faded but it added to the style. He just got a leather jacket out and his pair of above the ankle boots. It reached mid calf, which was  fashionable. Especially that Keith's legs were thin. Heck, he even had a thigh gap that girls would kill for.

"Your wearing that?" Lance asked when Keith was already out the door. "Yeah, what else do you see I'm wearing?" Was Lance always this over active? Over acting? Whatever the hell it was. "It's just that we look like we planned for it." Lance said with that voice you use when you're acting in a mystery drama. "I like it!" He said afterwards. Keith was relieved. Also clothes is a must for him. He has to look good everywhere he goes. Even if it's just to buy groceries.

The drive to Walmart wasn't that long. But in that drive, Keith learned something. Lance Sanchez liked old tunes. Like Dancing queen or Gasolina or Mama Mia and all those songs he was familiar with and he didn't know the names because it was too old for him. But at least he played decent songs from decent artists like Ed Sheeran. Keith also learned how different their taste in music is. Keith did listen to various American artist but he would also listen to Kpop, his own language. The only reason he was still familiar with Korean. Plus the Kdrama and Webtoons. He listened to it and sometimes he would end up singing a song in Korean in the shower. It's fair enough since Lance sings Spanish he couldn't understand.

"What are we getting?" Keith finally asked. They were in the baking section and honestly, Keith didn't know Lance
Actually likes baking. "Anything. How much have you got?" The darker man asked still checking the back of the box. "I've got fifty, you?" "Same." Lance said who finally decided which cake mix to get. "You like baking?" Keith asked in disbelief. "Yep, I also like cooking. Thanks to my old roommate Hunk-" Keith was triggered. "You mean Hunk who loves to eat andcook Hunk?" Keith asked surprised. "Yeah," Lance said slowly. "How'd you know him?" Lance brought his face close to Keith's. Keep it cool Keith, keep it cool. He chanted to himself. Keith playfully pushed Lance's face away from his before he could see the tint of red. "It's because we're in the same physics class." Keith chuckled. "Oh. Well anyways, we have to get this over with."