167 11 8

Anxiety Overdose

Sometimes, I do enjoy being alone with my thoughts. I can imagine whatever I want. I can see myself happy along with my parents. I can see myself with a partner... there are times I imagine myself saving people from a gunman or whatever danger there is.

Until those thoughts come. The type you don't expect to come. The thoughts that haunt you every night saying, "you aren't worth it." They barge in and take over and the next thing you know you're in a panic attack and you have no clue and the space your in feels so small and it's as if your running out of air to breath. It's like your going to die but you're not.

"Keith! Buddy! Are you okay?!"

What the hell happened to him?!

"Keith just breath," Oh god, I hope I'm helping him calm down.

Lance?

I turned my attention to the man shaking me. It really is him.

Breath in. Breath out.

"Keith! You're making me worried here. Are you in there?!"

Breath in. Breath out.

I couldn't make out what Lance was saying except for the word 'worried'. Is he worried about me?

Why would he be worried about you?

No.

He's just doing this because he has to.

He cares about me.

Really? Why so?

Shut up already!

"kEITH! ARE YOU EVEN LISTENING TO ME?"

I can hear Lance.

Please stop. I don't want to suffer any longer.

Breath in. Breath out.

Lance?

"미안해... 미안해..." (I'm sorry... I'm sorry...)

What?

What on earth is Keith saying? Something in korean? Well, what matters is that he's finally calmed down.

"Keith? Are you okay?"

Seeing him tremble as his tears fall pains me a bit. I got up and got him a towel so he can warm up already.

I did wonder what took him so long in the bath. When I knocked, there was no response and when I opened the door, he was just there. What is it called... a panic attack?

I helped him up, getting out of the tub. I walked him to his room and plopped him on his bed. I looked at him for a moment. His eyes were cloudy and he looked deep into thought.

I figured I should bring his clothes out for him. Some black joggers and a red shirt should be fine. Do I really have to bring out his underwear too?? Oh for gods sake, boxers are fine Lance!

"Uh, come out when you're ready I guess."

He wasn't so sure of what to tell him at that time because he surely had no idea what was going on in Keith's Head. He didn't want to push the wrong buttons too.

***

It's been thirty minutes and Keith hasn't been out from his room since Lance went out. This may have caused lance to just check on his roommate (or should I say soon to be bOY- okay that's enough).
He slowly opened the door and he felt relieved to see him so calm and peaceful. Keith was lying on the bed in the clothes lance got for him.