Chapter Nine

------------------
Please notify me of any mistakes so that I can fix them!

------------------

> Chapter Nine <
[]

I casually slip my fingers between Travis' fingers, leaning my head on his shoulder as we walk down the hallway. All throughout today I've been trying to make him absolutely assured that everything between us (if there is anything, for that matter) is alright. He seems to trust me.

I haven't spoken to Maya other than this morning- if you count the three indirect words that I said after we finished texting. As I pass the locker I met her by, I glance at it but I don't find her.

I pull out my phone and text her quickly with one hand, my other one still gripping Travis'.

Blaine: hey, where are you?

I glance at Travis as I slide my phone into my pocket again. He doesn't glance back, so I doubt that he saw the messages about manning up and facing him and Vesper.

"What do you have for lunch?" He asks, nodding to the bag slung half-heartedly over my shoulder.

"My mom made me a surprise sandwich," I grin with excitement the same way a third grader would.

"Wow, nice." He chuckles at me and then sighs in content. "My dad made tomato soup last night so I packed leftovers." He lifts up his brown bag and I smile.

"Sounds yummy. Your dad is a good cook." I follow him into the cafeteria and over to our table. Vesper isn't there yet, so we both sit down beside each other. I glance up to see Maya by the vending machines in the back of the room, inserting a five dollar bill into the slot and pressing a button. "I'll be right back, kay?" I stand and step away from the table, walking over to Maya without another word from Travis.

She looks up and is about to spin and leave just as I come face-to-face with her. "Whoa! Hey, Blaine." She smirks and lets loose a small chuckle, looking me up and down. "Someone looks awful happy, don't ya think?"

I notice then that my grin burns at my cheeks, my vision blurred slightly. I laugh and lift a hand to cover my mouth, looking away. "Sorry," my cheeks grow hot and I giggle. Maya finds this amusing and laughs in response.

"Why apologize? Happiness is a choice, kid." She shrugs and leans back to balance against the vending machine, taking the plastic wrapping off the top of another Starbucks bottle. I read the label just as she tears it away.

"Vanilla? How classic." I roll my eyes in mock annoyance, chuckling as she throws the label in the garbage can beside the machines.

She smirks up at me, lifting a brow. "Is that so, Jensen?"

"Yes, Todd." She laughs at me and I cross my arms, ignoring the crooked weight of my bag against my shoulder. Maya continues opening her drink, letting go of a snicker as the safety tab on the lid makes a loud popping noise.

She holds it out to me. "Want a sip?"

It's then that I realize I haven't ever tasted a single drink from Starbucks. "Sure." I reach out and take it from her hand, the ice cold bottle sending a relief through my warm palm. I lift the bottle, the edge of the glass rim touching my lips as I await the ice cold liquid. It finally slides down my throat and I feel my eyes widen slightly, tipping it away and looking up at Maya. "Wow, that's actually really good." I say after swallowing. I lick my lips and hold the bottle out to her.