Chapter Nineteen

------------------
Please notify me of any mistakes so that I can fix them!

> Outfits <
Maya Todd
(The bag is a reference; the bag is actually white with pink flower print and tan straps)

------------------Please notify me of any mistakes so that I can fix them! > Outfits <Maya Todd (The bag is a reference; the bag is actually white with pink flower print and tan straps)

Blaine Jensen
(The hair is a reference. The colour is close but not quite; that's just what her hair style is)

 The colour is close but not quite; that's just what her hair style is)

------------------

> Chapter Nineteen <
[]

A companion?

What does she mean? Like, someone to be her best friend? Someone to listen to her late-night plights? Someone to... to be more than a friend..?

No, no... Maya Todd would never be in aching, desperate need of a girlfriend. She's independent. She needs to be free. Needs to be let go. Needs to roam.

She's never told me any of this, I just learned that that's the type of girl she is.

And whether or not that's my type of girl doesn't matter. Not now. It never will. Maya's beautiful. She's quirky and intelligent and intriguing. One Q and two I's. That's all I need in a girlfriend.

My phone buzzes again and I glance down at it. It's settled in my lap, my hands cradling each other as I tremble. The anticipation is insane.

I read our conversation again, my eyes widening when I see her reply to what I said. Widening more as I realize that I could have said so much more than what I said in response to the text about needing a companion.

Blaine: what kind of companion?

Maya: i just need someone to come with me. i need someone there for me

My heart flutters lightly in my chest. My ribs seem to contain it where it is, firmly telling it to stay there.

I blink. Now what do I say? I can't sound desperate, can I? I have to play hard to get. That's how you get the boys in the movies, isn't it? Yeah, it is, so I have to do that to get a girl. Same difference.